Reflect unable to see embeded PCI SSD on computer

Author
marzolf66
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,

I have a new Dell Optiplex 7040 micro desktop computer with Windows 10. I am trying to make an image of the drive and when I boot from my USB drive with Reflect there are no drives found within the reflect software. I have hunted around in the BIOS and everything seems correct, tried booting both in Legacy and UEFI modes with no success. 

I have a feeling it is something to do with the fact that it is not a traditional hard drive, rather it is embeded into a PCIe chip on the mother board...

Has anyone else experienced this or know a work around to make it image the drive for me?

Thanks

et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)
Hi
Before creating new rescue media, make sure Macrium Reflect is the latest version by opening Reflect and from the 'Other tasks' menu select 'Check for updates'.
As you have Windows 10 installed, is your USB external hard drive USB3, if so make sure the Windows PE rescue media is PE 10 as in picture below. You can set this in tutorial: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Creating+rescue+media at step2. by selecting the 'Change PE version' > 'OK'..
If you continue to have a problem, can you confirm that the rescue media was created on this computer. If created on a different computer then additional drivers may be needed, were drivers shown as missing when you booted with the rescue media?.
I have assumed in the above that the rescue media was old and not just created with PE10..
Hope this helps
Regards, et
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/0c20801d-bd3e-4be9-b714-1ebe.jpg

Edited 12 October 2016 6:08 PM by et_and_family
marzolf66
marzolf66
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
That seems to have done the trick.... 

Working perfect.

Thank you!

Brad

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...