rescuepe, logfile,

Author
Nikolaus2001at
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there at all,
I am new here and my english is not the best. First of all, I have no problem with the macrium software. (6.2.1549)
The 'problem' why I am writing is only a breeze.
Every time I do a backup, macrium software creates a rescuepe.log file. I don't need this file, and I have found no way to prevent its creation.
Is there any way to make this in the settings, or have I just to live with my problem?
Regards

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Reflect only creates that rescuepe.log file when you run it in the Windows PE rescue environment and there is no way to prevent it from doing that.  However, if no problem occurs there that needs to be analysed, there's no reason to keep it after the job is complete and it's okay to just delete it.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Nikolaus2001at
Nikolaus2001at
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Ok, so there is no way to prevent the creation. This is not what I wanted to read but thank you for the answer.
Regards, Manfred

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
I know it wasn't.  Sorry.  I'd like more control over some of Reflect's WinPE behaviors too, but it's an excellent backup and recovery app and so I accept its minor quirks with only a few occasional grumbles. Smile -- And you're welcome.

Edited 14 September 2016 10:05 PM by Arvy
L. W. "Dan" Danz
L. W. "Dan" Danz
Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)Junior Member (53 reputation)
I would assume that the WinPE log would be of considerable help if a problem was encountered.   Since they don't know a priori whether or not a problem will occur, the log gets created.  So, don't delete the file if you're having problems.  You may be thankful for its presence.

L. W. "Dan" Danz
Overland Park KS
Tags
Richard V.
Richard V.
I did say that it's okay to delete that log if no problem occurs there that needs to be analysed.  If there is any problem, then yes, it should be retained.  But the fundamental point, which often seems to be overlooked, is that some users like to exercise their own discretion and control over the behavior of OSes and applications, especially in choosing locations for data files, logs, etc.

Macrium is generally pretty good about most options in their main Reflect application, but they provide almost no control at all over some WinPE behaviors, and there's no sound reason why they couldn't.  To their credit, they have added control over screen resolution that works quite well in most cases, but none at all for their automated "drive letter" re-assignments for example.  In this case, the log is initially created in "scratch space" on the virtual drive and the user could quite easily be allowed to decide where it should be copied for retention when the need arises.  There's certainly no good reason why it must always be placed in the root of the "C:" partition -- whichever one that turns out to be in the circumstances.  That's one location that most conscientious users like to keep uncluttered.

Edited 15 September 2016 7:29 PM by Arvy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...