Windows Toast Notifications after Backup indication success or failure.

Author
KenV99
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
The following would save me from having to either wonder if my backup worked versus having to receive an email about it:

Instead of having to look through the logs, directory or emails, a Windows Toast Notification could be sent after each backup indicating the xml file used, backup type (full/incr/diff) and success or failure.
It could be set to have an expiration equal to the start of the next scheduled backup.
Perhaps an option would be only to notify on failure.

Thanks
Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hello KenV99,

Thanks for posting.

I have raised a feature request for the development team to evaluate.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

KenV99
KenV99
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thank you. I am sure that your developers are great with everything windows related. Doing this is not trivial and please do not misconstrue my offering these links as arrogance, but I wanted to share the research that I have done myself into trying to implement this.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/tiles_and_toasts/2015/10/16/quickstart-handling-toast-activations-from-win32-apps-in-windows-10/

https://github.com/WindowsNotifications/desktop-toasts

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Thank you KenV99,

I have added the links to the feature request. Smile

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...