Group: Forum Members
[solved; see last post]
I'm trying to create an image backup solution for a Dell Optiplex 380; it's a 32-bit system.
Reflect is installed and running fine; created a good image to an external drive. Now, I'm trying to create the boot media to a 16gb flash drive. It apparently completed ok. But, when I reboot the computer, right after POST (Dell logo screen) it just goes to black screen with a 'Missing Operating System' message.
The rescue environment is set in the wizard to:
Win PE 3.1
Default base WIM
1. created the bootable flash twice, the first time with the USB stick right out of the package new; the second by formatting FAT32
2. created the bootable flash again on a different, 32gb USB stick right out of the package.
3. verified in BIOS that USB device is first, SATA HDD is second (to make sure it's not trying to boot of of another media)
4. shut down, removed all other USB devices from the machine, pressed the power button. Aside from the missing keyboard error, I still get the 'Missing OS' message.
5. Installed the demo version of macrium reflect on another, 64-bit machine and created the boot USB with the same 16gb flash media; it works fine.
6. Returned to the 32-bit machine; relaunched Reflect from windows; rebuilt the rescue environment and created the media on the 16gb flash drive
Any other ideas?