Reflect Roadmap... v7 and beyond

Author
Froggie
Guru
Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Does Macrium have a "roadmap" for Reflect as it applies to v7 and beyond?  I'm just wondering what to look forward to, if anything, as far as its imaging, restoration and scheduling features are concerned.

Thanks!
Seekforever
Seekforever
Expert
Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)Expert (692 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
I'd be surprised if they would want to make that public knowledge given the competition and the possibility of users saying, " Back in 2016 you said that was coming in V7 and its not here yet".
et_and_family
et_and_family
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)Proficient Member (326 reputation)
Hi
I agree with Seekforever's comments particularly as they have a BETA  product being evaluated and developed called 'Macrium Central Management Console Beta'. More information can be fount at: https://disqus.com/home/channel/macrium/discussion/channel-macrium/macrium_central_management_console_beta/
Regards, et

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Well maybe, et, and I really don't care much about roadmaps personally.  But if Microsoft can publish a Windows 10 roadmap with all the ongoing developmental work and multi-layered "insider" rings they've got under way, I don't see why Macrium couldn't manage to provide some minimal outline glimpse of their future intentions for Reflect without too much difficulty.  I suspect it probably has more to do with a lack of any really strong incentive for doing that as most users, despite mostly minor issues seen here, seem quite satisfied with the status quo.  There are a few exceptions, of course.  I, for one, am never satisfied ... but I probably wouldn't be with a roadmap either. Wink

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 17 April 2016 7:12 PM by Arvy
Gosha
Gosha
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Hello Arvy,

Thank you for taking interest in our future releases but I am afraid we do not have a 'Road map' that will outline our future releases so to speak.

Anything new that gets released will always be mentioned in our news letters and blog posts.

Kind regards
Gosha - Macrium Support

Richard V.
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Thanks, Gosha.  Actually, it was Froggie who was asking for it.  I was just playing "devil's advocate", quite appropriately on his behalf, I think. Tongue

In fact, I'm quite content myself with the status quo for the most part despite my recent "pipe dream" about a better method for selective file and folder recovery from drive/partition backup images.  If you guys ever do get around to something like that (unlikely, I suppose) please do give us some hint that it's in the works.   And please keep a very close watch on all that "super fast change block tracker" stuff.  That one scares me, especially if it involves upper and/or lower device class filters for drives and/or volumes, as I strongly suspect that it must.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

Edited 19 April 2016 1:35 PM by Arvy
Gosha
Gosha
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)Macrium Representative (121 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Arvy - 19 April 2016 1:28 PM
Thanks, Gosha.  Actually, it was Froggie who was asking for it.  I was just playing "devil's advocate", quite appropriately on his behalf, I think. Tongue

My bad Arvie and Froggy I did not mean to get you two mixed up, my heads in the clouds today.

As I have mentioned any new updates and changes in our program will be mentioned in our newsletters and blog posts, stay tuned.

Kind regards
Gosha - Macrium Support

Froggie
Froggie
Guru
Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)Guru (1.5K reputation)
Gosha - 19 April 2016 2:51 PM
Arvy - 19 April 2016 1:28 PM

My bad Arvie and Froggy I did not mean to get you two mixed up, my heads in the clouds today.
That's impossible... Arvy has NEVER eaten a fly in his entire life (at least I don't think so...) and GREEN he is not!

mbrcomp
mbrcomp
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Even if a bit late on this discussion, a roadmap would certainly be VERY welcome.
Forget about the competition, what can be invented in this field that has not been invented already ?
Macrium is a solid product, has its own customer base, the free version does a  great job of disseminating a working solution for non-enterprise clients, so, basically, yes, Reflect is a very successful and well adopted product, but there is no reason why the permanent users and partners (such as myself)) shouldn't have a chance to peek on what the near future reserves.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...