Scheduled backups - login wrong?

Author
Bonez
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good morning,

I have several scheduled backup sets created which are saved on my local Synology NAS. Sometimes the scheduled backup works but sometimes the same backup doesn´t although nothing was changed (latest this morning for 3 backups).
But when I run the backup manually afterwards it runs fine. Unfortunately I am using Reflect in German so I hope I translate everything properly.

Starting Backup - Saturday, March 05, 2016 10:17:20
Validating location:\\SERVER_DS\homes\folder1\Backups\Daten\folder2\ - Invalid (Der Benutzername oder das Kennwort ist falsch.)

Final note shows: "Sicherung abgebrochen! - Keine der angegebenen Speicherorte für die Sicherungskopien konnten beschrieben werden." which means "backup aborte/cancelled. None of the backup locations could have been accessed".

Same backup file, run manually: "Backup and Verification Completed Successfully in 00:00:01. See log for full details"

Any idea what this can be? Every help is appreciated Smile

Thanks in advance.

Timo

Windows 8.1 Home/Core x64, Macrium Reflect Home v6, Synology DS115 with DSM 5.2
Edited 5 March 2016 9:40 AM by Bonez
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)
NAS devices often have this issue.  It can be related to the drive not being ready when accessed (at times when there is low network activity).  One solution is to add logic to the scheduled task to do some activity (copy a file) on the  NAS to get it ready BEFORE accessing it using Reflect.

Bonez
Bonez
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Thanks for your reply. Could be a reason that sometimes it does not work. How would I add this logic (copy a dummy file to the NAS) to the scheduled task? Can´t find any suitable entry.

Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)Expert (602 reputation)
If you go to the Scheduled Backups tab in Reflect You can edit the program that is run.  look for the VBMAIN subprogram and just after the logic that ensures the task only runs once a day (unless yours is set to rum more) add a copy command to copy a file from one folder on the NAS to another or from your computer to the NAS.  Be sure to set the command parameters to wait for command completion before continuing.  If you are not comfortable doing this yourself, let us know.  Someone here can give you a specific line of code to enter in your script.  But we would need to know how you access your NAS (its drive nomenclature) and the names of some folders to read from and write to.

Bonez
Bonez
If you go to the Scheduled Backups tab in Reflect You can edit the program that is run.  look for the VBMAIN subprogram

Maybe I am stupid, but no idea where to find this (especially as I use the German version).

The only thing I see in the "Scheduled Tasks" is this:
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/852fe48d-7596-4851-b5bb-e615.jpg
Below are my entries for the scheduled tasks. When I select one, there are 2 tabs at the bottom "Backup Options" and "XML View". 

In the backup tab itself I have this, with 2 icons about VBscript.
http://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/6cf5469f-fa8c-4f6e-a253-9bbd.jpg

But we would need to know how you access your NAS

Either with IP 192.168.178.31 or \\SERVER_DS ... if that is what you meant. I would create two folders e,g. "1" and "2" inside \\SERVER_DS\homes\timo\Backups where I would copy a dummy file from folder 1 to 2.

Edited 6 March 2016 10:04 PM by Bonez
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Timo

Please see this KB article relating to your original error when running scheduled tasks:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Logon+failure+unknown+user+name+or+bad+password

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Bonez
Bonez
@Nick: This seems to help. Had 3 scheduled backups running today without a problem.

I already set this network user details in the past but maybe I changed the password afterwards as the default user entry was completely empty.

Edited 7 March 2016 7:28 PM by Bonez
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...