Can't Dismount an Image after Viewing

Author
genem
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
On one Win10 machine here, using a Free installation (6.1 1023), I mounted an imaged, pulled off a few files, then couldn't find a way to dismount it. The appropriate context menu entry is not displayed.

I have a USB Hard Drive with the backup. That was mounted and I then mounted the backup file.
When I couldn't dismount the mounted image file, I didn't wan't to yank the USB Hard Drive hosting it, so I just powered down thinking that would be safest. I then rebooted w/o the USB Hard Drive present and see that the mounted Image is still there as N: !

(See attached .png for footnotes)

Thought I'd try it again, and hope the context menu entry would be ok. Same thing (3). ow after a reboot, I have N: and O:. (2)
Of course, any action results in an error.
These drive letters are not visible in DiskMgmt.msc.
These volumes are not visible in DiskPart's LIST VOL.

Not sure what else I can do here...
Thanks,
Gene

Attachments
Macrium.png (27 views, 158.00 KB)
Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
From within Reflect are you able to choose Restore -> Detach Image by chance?
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.6K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Gene

Thanks for posting. Please see this KB article that describes how to re-register the Windows Explorer context menus:

http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Windows+Explorer+shell+extensions+missing

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

genem
genem
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
ok, thank you. This happened after a clean install of Win 10 (new HDD) followed by a Reflect Install, so not sure how this aligns with the "After an in-place upgrade to Windows 10 ..." position, but next time this happens, I'll give it a try.

I wasn't aware you replied to the thread (need to check my settings), but wound up doing this to force dismount the drive letters.

Clean out of:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2
HKEY_USERS\. Default\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Mountpoint2\

stevenmonrad
stevenmonrad
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Same question. Installed free version, created 2 virtual drives. Paid for 4 licenses, attempted install of paid version, will not install because 2 virtual drives are "in use" (Reflect is not running). No right click context menu to delete or dismount in Explorer.
Based on answers above, this is not a end-user program but requires programming knowledge to implement and operate.
Note that "dismount" does not occur in the User Guide.

stevenmonrad
stevenmonrad
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
stevenmonrad - 10 February 2016 8:02 PM
Same question. Installed free version, created 2 virtual drives. Paid for 4 licenses, attempted install of paid version, will not install because 2 virtual drives are "in use" (Reflect is not running). No right click context menu to delete or dismount in Explorer.
Based on answers above, this is not a end-user program but requires programming knowledge to implement and operate.
Note that "dismount" does not occur in the User Guide.

I was able to dismount, or detach as posted above and recommended in that post in Macrium/Restore/Detach by moving the hard drive to another machine with Macrium.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search