No longer able to login to Site Manager with AD credentials


Author
Message
NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Posts: 99, Visits: 336
This morning I had scheduled an upgrade of Site Manager to the latest build (I have not upgraded yet and have zero login issues with the current build I have installed).  When I type in my credentials it fails and tells me:



I tried about 6 times with the same result and I also tried rebooting.  I confirmed I am using the correct password - I was able to login to other management systems with the same credentials with no issues.  No issues with cap locks, or other typical user errors.  The server is on the network and is able access AD for authentication.  I can RDP to it, login, and have zero issues - all with the user name and password that is failing to login to the Site Manager console.  I had my co-worker try with his own account, also and administrator of the box and Site Manager - and it fails for him too.

I am, however, able to login with the server local Administrator account into the Site Manager console.  When I check the Macrium logs in the console it shows no indication of failed events for my domain account.  It just shows a successful login for the local account.

The only change I am aware of was the installation of January 2022 patches for Windows 2016 (which is the OS of the Site Manager server).

Are there any known issues with Windows 2016 patches breaking AD authentication for Site Manager?
Thanks
NK
NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Posts: 99, Visits: 336
I performed the upgrade while logged into the console with the local administrator account and it completed successfully.  My logic being that the upgrade might correct the issue and fix the domain login problem.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  I don't know why or what caused it to break.  But it seems to work OK now after the upgrade.

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)Macrium Representative (526 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Posts: 286, Visits: 972
Hi NJK,

We did have an issue with a recent release (8.0.6503) that caused some problems with LDAP authentication in some circumstances. We use this for Active Directory authentication but not local authentication. This was fixed by the 8.0.6524 release last week. 

It looks like you might have updated to the problem release, then as you found, one workaround is to log in as a local user then update to the newest release.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Macrium Development

Next Webinar

See our reviews on

Trustpilot Logo
Trustpilot Stars


NJK-Work
NJK-Work
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)Proficient Member (299 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Posts: 99, Visits: 336
Alex - 25 January 2022 4:54 PM
Hi NJK,

We did have an issue with a recent release (8.0.6503) that caused some problems with LDAP authentication in some circumstances. We use this for Active Directory authentication but not local authentication. This was fixed by the 8.0.6524 release last week. 

It looks like you might have updated to the problem release, then as you found, one workaround is to log in as a local user then update to the newest release.

Thanks.
NK
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search