MS-DOS batch file invocation - command line switches and scheduling

Author
Richard V.
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Nick - 9 February 2016 10:14 PM
Hi Arvy

'-g' is actually all that's required to enable exactly the same behaviour as with XML schedules. The XML file name referenced in the Reflect parameters is used as the 'map' to determine whether backup tasks are considered conflicting. 

The GUID that's included after the -g in XML schedules is actually redundant and isn't used in this process. My sincere apologies for my misleading post regarding this. The GUID was originally intended to be used for this purpose but is now superfluous, however, we may use it for future scheduling logic implementations. 

Thanks for the clarification, Nick.  No problem about the previous post.  I think we were all "re-exploring" this one a bit and it's good that it got sorted out as a result.

Regards, Richard V. ("Arvy")
https://forum.macrium.com/uploads/images/afc5d4fe-5d25-4e25-be94-185e.png

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search