Full Image Restore

Author
shcsbaker
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have an image that I restored back to the computer I created it from and it took about 20 mins (image is 20GB).  The original computer was running 6 HD in RAID10 and has 128GB memory (it's server machine).  I take the same image and restore it to a server that has 4 HD in RAID10 and 48GB memory and it takes 4.5 hours.  Is this normal?  Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Kevin
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)
The numbers do not add up.  Your restore to the same computer may have benefitted from the Rapid Delta Restore (if enabled). But a 20 GB restore on your other computer should have taken no more than an hour under normal conditions.  I am assuming that computer was not doing anything else (not running any software other than the restore).  Did you try to restore DRIVE C (the OS) or were you restoring a data drive?  If the computer was running normal Win software the restore could go slowly.

shcsbaker
shcsbaker
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
I agree the original computer may have benefited from the Rapid Delta Restore.  The new computer was clean, I created the RAID10 Drives and then booted to the Rescue USB and started the restore. 
Drac144
Drac144
Expert
Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)Expert (609 reputation)
I suggest a Google search of:  raid 10 slow write speed.

There are several interesting articles including the link below.

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1760075/ssd-raid-poor-write-speed.html

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...