Problem with authentication in network folders

Author
Max
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello to all, 

I am new in this forum.

I have installed Macrium reflect 6 and I am going to scheduling a backup task to save some folders from my PC to a network share configured ina NAS server.
The network share is \\server\myshare, I write and read data in by the same AD domain credentials I use to connect to my domain profile. 
So far is all ok, scheduled backup run correctly.
However I would like backup my data in the above network share but using another user and password, so that I add in Edit defaults -> Network a new credential, with an account configured in domain AD, but when I run backup macrium and notify the error:
 "Validating location: \\server\myshare - invalid (not writeable)"

What is wrong?

best regards

max

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Max,

Thanks for posting.

Please could you check the account has permission to access the share and in Reflect you have specified the username as DOMAIN\user.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...