Can ver6 be removed manually?

Author
bcrown
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am having an issue removing a copy of reflect v6. It is on a new machine which used laplink to transfer it from an older pc. the new pc is 64 bit and the old was 32.

When i try to unistall or modify the program, it gives an error that i am trying to use a 32 bit unisntaller on a 64 bit machine then it stops with errors.

Is there any way to manually remove the program so that i may install the proper version on the machine?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (8.1K reputation)
Someone else just ran into this problem after using some other tool to migrate applications and found that they couldn't upgrade from V6 to V7, nor remove V6.  That's all in this thread.  Short version is that I don't know of any manual Reflect cleanup utility, and in general Windows doesn't respond well to attempts to migrate applications like that even if you were staying within the same architecture (32-bit vs. 64-bit).  But changing makes the potential for problems even greater, and even if you don't encounter problems, the fact that many 32-bit applications run fine on 64-bit systems doesn't mean that that's the optimal solution.  In many cases you might want the 64-bit version now that you can run it.  If at all possible I would consider starting over on the new system and running the migration without trying to move your applications.

bcrown
bcrown
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Thnaks for pointing me to the thread, while it does not look like anyone has posted a manual way to at least let win 10 beleive that Reflect is not installed so that it will install a new version, the problem looks the same as mine.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search