7.2.4440 update, no recovery images displayed

Author
Stefan Bernhard
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
After the update, I can no longer restore images. Regardless of whether the program is started via the Windows Bootmenu or via a USB Rescue Media Stick. In the folder where the images are in the right window nothing is displayed. Again manually search in the folders. It does not show anything, whether full image or file and folder recovery. I'm back on the 7.2.4325. There everything is ok. Anyone else the problem?

Edited 27 August 2019 12:05 PM by Stefan Bernhard
Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Stefan Bernhard - 20 August 2019 1:05 PM
After the update, I can no longer restore images. Regardless of whether the program is started via the Windows Bootmenu or via a USB Rescue Media Stick. In the folder where the images are in the right window nothing is displayed. Again manually search in the folders. It does not show anything, whether full image or file and folder recovery. I'm back on the 7.2.4325. There everything is ok. Anyone else the problem?

HI @heiermann

Thanks for posting, sorry you are having problems. Please can you raise a support ticket here: https://helpme.macrium.com so we can gather further information.

Many thanks and kind regards.

--
Chris Bamford
Macrium Reflect Development & Support
KnowledgeBase: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/
YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Macrium

Next Webinar

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Sounds like Macrium will be taking care of you directly, but for future reference, it’s possible to capture screenshots in the Rescue environment. You just press the PrintScreen key on your keyboard and then a file save dialog box will appear. Choose somewhere to save the file, and that file will be a full screen capture of whatever was displayed when you pressed the key. Screenshots often help with issues like this because it makes it clear exactly what you’re looking at, and in many cases something displayed in the screenshot itself makes it clear what the issue is. In this specific case, the change in behavior could be the result of changes mentioned in the release notes around how/whether USB drivers are copied to your Rescue Media build, FYI. But whatever the issue, hopefully Macrium gets everything sorted out.
Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)New Member (19 reputation)
The same problem with the version 4440:

Windows PE Bootmenu:

Under Windows 10:

With the version 4325 I do not have the problem.

Edited 27 August 2019 12:45 PM by Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
On Windows Bootmenu Windows PE 10 (WADK) I do not see the images. I have now changed the boot menu to Windows RE. This works fine. Sorry if I'm going to annoy you..

Edited 27 August 2019 12:49 PM by Stefan Bernhard
Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)Macrium Representative (297 reputation)
Stefan Bernhard - 27 August 2019 12:47 PM
On Windows Bootmenu Windows PE 10 (WADK) I do not see the images. I have now changed the boot menu to Windows RE. This works fine. Sorry if I'm going to annoy you..

Hi @heiermann

Thanks for posting, sorry you are having continued problems, we don't seem to have received a support ticket for the issue you raised originally.

However, please can you try WADK10 media again except this time please try the "Force rebuild" option, hold down the Ctrl key on the rescue media creation dialog and this should change the build button to have a drop down button. Select this drop down button and choose the force option. Once built, boot and observe the results.

If this does not resolve your issue please can you raise a support ticket here: https://helpme.macrium.com so we can gather further information.

Kind regards.

--
Chris Bamford

Next Webinar

Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
Thank you for your prompt reply. I once tried "Force rebuild," but the same problem. With Window RE bootmenu everything in order. Sorry for my bad English. Use google translator for translation

Edited 27 August 2019 1:39 PM by Stefan Bernhard
Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Stefan Bernhard - 27 August 2019 1:35 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply. I once tried "Force rebuild," but the same problem. With Window RE bootmenu everything in order. Sorry for my bad English. Use google translator for translation

HI @heiermann

Thanks for getting back to us. Please can you raise a support ticket here: https://helpme.macrium.com so we can gather further information.

Kind regards.

--
Chris Bamford

Next Webinar

Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
OK...I just created a ticket for support. (Ticketnumber: #53662)

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (18K reputation)
Out of curiosity, if you use the WinPE 10 build where your backups don't appear, how does your external hard drive appear in the PE Explorer application?  That is accessed by clicking the computer icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the Rescue interface.  Is your external hard drive detected there?  If it is, then is it also assigned drive letter "L"?  If the external drive is detected but is using a different drive letter, then changing the "Folders to search" list to include the correct path to the folder that contains your backups should cause the backups to appear.  If the external hard drive is not detected at all, that might be caused by a USB driver issue in your WinPE build that does not exist in the WinRE build.

Edited 27 August 2019 5:39 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search