Install update from 7.2.4325 to 7.2.4414 Home Edition

Author
Stefan Bernhard
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I have the version 7.2.4325 Home Edition installed. I can not get any updates since 7.2.4325. Is that normal? Changelog version is 7.2.4414
https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/v7.2.4414/details7.2.4414.htm
Or is the update only for the Free Edition?

Greetings from Germany

Edited 13 August 2019 3:15 PM by Stefan Bernhard
dbminter
dbminter
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
Hm, I, too, am not getting this new version.  I didn't even know it was out!  And I still don't see an update even when manually checking for updates.  I would have known on September 2nd because on the 2nd of every month, I check the change log on Reflect's site to see if an update was released.

Anyway, what I plan on doing is downloading the full installer with the Reflect Download Agent and update that way.  If it's available that way.  Maybe it got pulled after release?  Anyway, it is interesting that it's not propagating down through the update mechanism yet.  Probably just some configuration error on Reflect's servers that hasn't passed along the update yet.

Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Thank you for your quick response. The Reflect Agent displays and downloads full install version 7.2.4325.
Then we have to wait until the update appears..

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dbminter - 13 August 2019 3:43 PM
Hm, I, too, am not getting this new version.  I didn't even know it was out!  And I still don't see an update even when manually checking for updates.  I would have known on September 2nd because on the 2nd of every month, I check the change log on Reflect's site to see if an update was released.

Anyway, what I plan on doing is downloading the full installer with the Reflect Download Agent and update that way.  If it's available that way.  Maybe it got pulled after release?  Anyway, it is interesting that it's not propagating down through the update mechanism yet.  Probably just some configuration error on Reflect's servers that hasn't passed along the update yet.

Thanks for posting.

v7.2.4414 has never been released, and is not available via our web site or via the Reflect update mechanism. 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

dbminter
dbminter
Guru
Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)Guru (1.3K reputation)
I just now found that out.  But, why is there is this page?

saying an update was released on August 9th?

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dbminter - 13 August 2019 3:54 PM
I just now found that out.  But, why is there is this page?

saying an update was released on August 9th?

Thanks for getting back.

It's a URL that's not been made public by us and it appears to have been found by a bot and published on a web site that has no affiliation with us. 

If you download the Reflect using our web site/download agent and/or update using the app update mechanism then the latest public release is v7.2.4335

Alternatively use the link below:

https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/latest_release_notes.asp

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Edited 13 August 2019 4:04 PM by Nick
dbminter
dbminter
Guru
Oh, I didn't think about a bot scraping that information.  It is rather odd that that page is dated, though.  Maybe it was a listing for a version update for beta testers instead.

Stefan, how did you come across that web page?

Stefan Bernhard
Stefan Bernhard
From here: https://www.computerbase.de/downloads/systemtools/macrium-reflect-free/

dbminter
dbminter
Guru
This gets odder and odder.  I downloaded the link to see if it had a listed version build number in it, without installing it, of course, and it does say it's an updated version.  So, that site must have scraped more than just that URL metadata.  It must have found a file somewhere, too.

You may be tempted to download and install it, but I wouldn't.  You'd probably not get any kind of tech support should anything go wrong since this release, if it's "legit," apparently shouldn't have gotten out into the wild.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.4K reputation)
The fact that a particular build exists and might have release notes posted in the wild does not necessarily mean that it's meant for general public/production consumption.  It might be a beta release or a customized build that Macrium developed for some specific purpose.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search