Backup aborted! - None of the specified backup locations could be written to

Author
Doug Neuse
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been using Macrium Reflect Free v6 since June 7 and just upgraded to Macrium Reflect Home edition in part to solve the following problem.

On June 7, I scheduled a full image backup the first Sunday of each month and a differential on weekdays.  All those backups have been successful except for a couple of cases until recently.  Beginning on July 17, the backups have been failing with the following errors:

Starting Image          Initializing          Validating location: F:\Macrium\MacriumBackups\ - Invalid (The system cannot find the path specified)    Backup aborted! - None of the specified backup locations could be written to

I have been able to perform a successful full and differential backup manually since the errors began, but the errors in the scheduled backups have continued.  

My destination drive is a 3 TB Western Digital My Book USB 3.0 drive I bought in December.  I ran a CHKDSK /F on it, which found no error.  I ran a CHKDSK /R on it, which failed to complete.  I ran the Western Digital Drive Utility Complete Drive Test, which found no error.  Ever since I bought the drive, I have backed up my data locally to that drive (as well as online) using Crash Plan successfully.  l also successfully ran scheduled full and incremental Norton Ghost Image backups to that drive until I acquired Macrium Reflect in early June.

What do you think the problem is and what should I do?  

Thank you -- Doug Neuse

Stephen
Stephen
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)Macrium Representative (1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Hi Doug,

We are answering your ticket in our helpdesk.

Kind regards

Stephen - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...