Mouse and Keyboard not working in 7.2.4325

Author
Caledon Ken
Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Created new boot media on a Windows 7 platform. The boot appears successful, mouse is there and can be moved. By the time boot is completed mouse and keyboard are disabled. 

My standard keyboard and mouse is a wireless Microsoft setup that worked in previous version.

Tried again with wired keyboard and mouse. 

Again mouse there but by end of program load mouse is lost.

In all tests using USB2.0 ports

Need some serious help as I can't restore system if I had to. Is there a way to fall back a couple of version. 

Thank you
Edited 13 June 2019 8:47 PM by Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)Junior Member (63 reputation)
Found a workaround while permanent patch developed. I'm a licensed user.

On my USB Thumbdrive I went to the drivers\USB folder. I copied the two new "corrupt" USB folders created with the new media to a temporary folder. This left Renesas Electronics folder and the other USB folder both created some time ago.

Booted and got mouse control back.

There is another thread with a registry edit and then creating new media. Reluctant to edit registry without a method to restore.

Need a real patch.
Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Caledon Ken - 13 June 2019 9:12 PM
Found a workaround while permanent patch developed. I'm a licensed user.

On my USB Thumbdrive I went to the drivers\USB folder. I copied the two new "corrupt" USB folders created with the new media to a temporary folder. This left Renesas Electronics folder and the other USB folder both created some time ago.

Booted and got mouse control back.

There is another thread with a registry edit and then creating new media. Reluctant to edit registry without a method to restore.

Need a real patch.

Hi @Caledon Ken

Thanks for posting, sorry you are having issue with rescue media creation. We are currently working on a fix for this area which will be released in the next patch.

Kind regards.

--
Chris Bamford
Macrium Reflect Development & Support
KnowledgeBase: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/
YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Macrium

Next Webinar

Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
While difficult to be exact, when will this patch be released? 

This is pretty serious not being able to restore.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Caledon Ken - 14 June 2019 2:26 PM
While difficult to be exact, when will this patch be released? 

This is pretty serious not being able to restore.

Thanks for posting.

Sorry for the delay. You just need to update the registry to get it to work immediately. 

1. Download 'FixUSB.txt' (Attached)
2. Rename to 'FixUSB.reg'
3. Double click to run
4. Click 'Yes' in the dialog box that opens

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

Attachments
FixUSB.txt (5 views, 262 bytes)
Edited 14 June 2019 2:55 PM by Nick
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Thanks Nick. 

Getting a registry file to merge is a good start.

I hope we see a fix soon. I recommend your product on TenForums daily. Don't need issues.

Thanks again.
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Thanks for the fix USB reg file. 

I applied but seem to get a duplicate USB key to my boot folder on C:

What folders am I supposed to delete on C:\boot and then I assume it is just a matter of running build again, correct?

Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)Macrium Representative (149 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Caledon Ken - 16 June 2019 1:59 PM
Thanks for the fix USB reg file. 

I applied but seem to get a duplicate USB key to my boot folder on C:

What folders am I supposed to delete on C:\boot and then I assume it is just a matter of running build again, correct?

Hi @Caledon Ken

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm sorry but I don't understand the statement "I applied but seem to get a duplicate USB key to my boot folder on C:", please could you show a screenshot of the issue to help my understanding.

You can remove the c:\boot\macrium\drivers folder and then run the Rescue Media build again.

Kind regards.

--
Chris Bamford
Macrium Reflect Development & Support
KnowledgeBase: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/
YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Macrium

Next Webinar

Edited 17 June 2019 7:39 AM by Chris
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Thanks Chris. 

For clarity I ran the file Nick sent to update registry.

I then reran creating new boot media on USB Thumbrive. The new one looks like a dup of the old one. I will delete driver folder and rerun on clean USB thumbdrive. 
Caledon Ken
Caledon Ken
Now I'm having an issue with a laptop. 

There is no boot folder on C: as I don't want to add the boot menu option.

I created a DVD for boot, no USB connections at all. To external disk, mouse, nothing. All USB 3.0 ports, no 2.0's available.

Simply put this is a real issue.

Should I run the registry fix on that laptop and then rebuild DVD disk.

Edited 19 June 2019 2:50 PM by Caledon Ken
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search