More Options for File Replace Setting During File/Folder Restore

Author
hurricane51
New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)New Member (38 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I had a situation come up where neither "Replace All Files" nor "Replace Only Files That Are Different" solved the problem. I posted a question and from the response I received it seems to me there could be some enhancement of this setting.
I've read one member's suggestion for a "Restore Only Missing Files/Folders" option, and that would be a welcome option. I have another request.

While the setting for replacing only files that have changed limits overwriting files/folders, it would be helpful to have a further option to ignore files on the target drive that are newer than those in the backup. It would be a filter to further restrict the possibility of overwriting needed files accidentally.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.2K reputation)
Group: Administrators
hurricane51 - 5 June 2019 10:00 AM
I had a situation come up where neither "Replace All Files" nor "Replace Only Files That Are Different" solved the problem. I posted a question and from the response I received it seems to me there could be some enhancement of this setting.
I've read one member's suggestion for a "Restore Only Missing Files/Folders" option, and that would be a welcome option. I have another request.

While the setting for replacing only files that have changed limits overwriting files/folders, it would be helpful to have a further option to ignore files on the target drive that are newer than those in the backup. It would be a filter to further restrict the possibility of overwriting needed files accidentally.

Thanks for your post. This is a good enhancement an we'll add it as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your feedback

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore