Using a USB and Micro SD to Restore

Author
Mike Kassis
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I assume I can restore my LG gram (Win 10 Home and a 256G SSD) from an image file stored on the gram's 256G micro SD and using a rescue boot USB. Right?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.2K reputation)
It will depend on whether your Rescue Media has the necessary drivers to work with the Micro SD card reader.  But don't assume, as it's risky and unnecessary.  Create Rescue Media, make sure you can boot your system from it, and then see if the Rescue environment can see your Micro SD card (and for that matter your internal SSD, since obviously you also need to be able to see that in order to perform a restore.)

Edited 9 February 2019 9:35 PM by jphughan
Mike Kassis
Mike Kassis
New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)New Member (11 reputation)
jphughan - 9 February 2019 9:35 PM
It will depend on whether your Rescue Media has the necessary drivers to work with the Micro SD card reader.  But don't assume, as it's risky and unnecessary.  Create Rescue Media, make sure you can boot your system from it, and then see if the Rescue environment can see your Micro SD card (and for that matter your internal SSD, since obviously you also need to be able to see that in order to perform a restore.)

Mike Kassis
Mike Kassis
Perfect. I understand. Thank you for your clear answer.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search