Dual boot Reflect/Win 10

Author
Gringojack
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello
How can I  temporarily render inoperational this dual boot that seems to block reboot of my system when I use Easeus Partition Master?

Thank you

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)
If you’re on Reflect 7.2 or newer, go to the Create Rescue Media wizard, select Windows Boot Menu, and choose Remove. If you’re on an older version, go to Other Tasks > Windows Boot Menu and selext No Menu.
Gringojack
Gringojack
New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)
Thank you for the good advice
Last question before plounging in the deep water of cloning
Once cloning operation gets indicated as completed, what to do?
(switching off PC, disconnecting old HDD, keeping SSD connected with its new name C:\, rebooting and Oh miracle, it smokes or it works
then I believe I can swithc letter old C to R and keep HDD for data
thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (7.1K reputation)
Windows always assigns drive letter C to the partition it boots from, so once you're booting from the clone target, the original drive will get assigned some other letter automatically.  However, even if you intend to continue using the clone source drive in some repurposed fashion, I recommend disconnecting the clone source for the first attempt to boot from the clone target.  If that fails, boot to Rescue Media and run Fix Boot Problems.  Once you've got that working, reconnect the clone source disk and make sure you are still booting from the clone target; check Disk Management to see which disk has the C partition, since again Windows always assigns C to the partition it booted from.  If you're still booting from the clone target at that point, then you can repurpose the original drive as desired.  However, if you intend to use the original clone source as a data-only disk, I wouldn't simply change drive letters around, because that clone source disk will still have various hidden partitions and such.  I would instead use the "clean" command in diskpart to completely wipe it, then set it up from scratch with whatever partition(s) you want.

Gringojack
Gringojack
jphughan - 9 February 2019 9:33 PM
Windows always assigns drive letter C to the partition it boots from, so once you're booting from the clone target, the original drive will get assigned some other letter automatically.  However, even if you intend to continue using the clone source drive in some repurposed fashion, I recommend disconnecting the clone source for the first attempt to boot from the clone target.  If that fails, boot to Rescue Media and run Fix Boot Problems.  Once you've got that working, reconnect the clone source disk and make sure you are still booting from the clone target; check Disk Management to see which disk has the C partition, since again Windows always assigns C to the partition it booted from.  If you're still booting from the clone target at that point, then you can repurpose the original drive as desired.  However, if you intend to use the original clone source as a data-only disk, I wouldn't simply change drive letters around, because that clone source disk will still have various hidden partitions and such.  I would instead use the "clean" command in diskpart to completely wipe it, then set it up from scratch with whatever partition(s) you want.

Hello jphughan
Thank you so much for your advises and help, everything got completed with no error in minutes
Seems to be faster, let's wait and see
Thanks again

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Excellent, glad I could help! Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search