Failed to load volume access driver

Author
Abbyjack
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I hope someone can help me out with this one, as I have been working on it for over a month.
I did a search but can't seem to find a solution.
I never had a problem mounting images before but now on certain setups I get the error message
"Failed to load volume access driver  The parameter is incorrect and error code 0x800700057"
I have tried everything I can think of (including re-building my system more than once) and it still happens.
Sometimes everything works fine for a while and then it pops up again.
Its not system related, as it does the same thing on another system.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris
Chris
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)Macrium Representative (178 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Abbyjack - 8 February 2019 10:57 PM
I hope someone can help me out with this one, as I have been working on it for over a month.
I did a search but can't seem to find a solution.
I never had a problem mounting images before but now on certain setups I get the error message
"Failed to load volume access driver  The parameter is incorrect and error code 0x800700057"
I have tried everything I can think of (including re-building my system more than once) and it still happens.
Sometimes everything works fine for a while and then it pops up again.
Its not system related, as it does the same thing on another system.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

HI @Abbyjack

Thanks for posting, sorry you are having problems with Macrium Reflect.

​​A driver (psvolacc.sys) will have been installed with Macrium Reflect, this will be loaded when the option "Enable access to restricted folders" is checked. Does this driver file exist in C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder ?
​Please can you raise a support ticket by visiting https://www.macrium.com/support or email support (at) macrium (dot) com so that we can investigate further. Please attach the file C:\reflect_install.log for review.

Kind regards.
​​​​​​

--
Chris Bamford
Macrium Reflect Development & Support
KnowledgeBase: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/
YouTube Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/Macrium

Next Webinar

Abbyjack
Abbyjack
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the reply Chris. Yes that file is in place. This morning I tried a completely fresh install of reflect after first
uninstalling the old version. I now seem to have a new problem. I don't get the error message with the new install
it just fails to mount the image without any notification. The old setup would produce the error message and would
mount the image but without access to the restricted areas. I also found that if I did that and followed up by mounting
another image right after the first one failed, it would mount with access to the restricted areas.
Very strange.
I guess the best best would be to take this off line and raise a support ticket.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search