Agent 7.2.3985 - Failed to generate WinPE WIM: Failed to extract the required Reflect files into the...

Agent 7.2.3985 - Failed to generate WinPE WIM: Failed to extract the...
Author
TheNexus
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Updated Macrium Site Manager to the latest version 7.2.3985, then updated all the installed workstation Agents to 7.2.3985.  I'm updating each computers boot menu option and creating an ISO file.  Some update without issue while others have the error mentioned above.  All computers worked fine in the previous version.  Looking at the logs, it gives an error looking for "C:\program files\macrium\agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" which makes sense as there isn't a file with that name in that folder.  There is a file in that folder named, "WAIKFiles20x64.exe"  The error in the log shows:

Extracting Macrium PE Files - 1/29/2019 12:50 PM
C:\program files\macrium\agent\
"C:\program files\macrium\agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount" -notech -x64
'"C:\program files\macrium\agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount" -notech -x64' FAILED - Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

Failed to extract PE files.
Unmounting the wim - 1/29/2019 12:50 PM
"C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM\imagex.exe" /unmount "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount"

I've uninstalled the Agent, rebooted and then reinstalled it on a few computers but they still have the same error.  It's happening on x32 and x64 computers that all run Windows 10 v1803.  What are my options? I prefer to have recovery ISO files for all my computers so what are my options?

On a side note, is there a way to have the agents auto create a boot menu and ISO file?  I have been going to each computer to run this manually after each Macrium update which takes a lot of time.

Edited 29 January 2019 9:08 PM by TheNexus
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
TheNexus - 29 January 2019 8:51 PM
Updated Macrium Site Manager to the latest version 7.2.3985, then updated all the installed workstation Agents to 7.2.3985.  I'm updating each computers boot menu option and creating an ISO file.  Some update without issue while others have the error mentioned above.  All computers worked fine in the previous version.  Looking at the logs, it gives an error looking for "C:\program files\macrium\agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" which makes sense as there isn't a file with that name in that folder.  There is a file in that folder named, "WAIKFiles20x64.exe"  The error in the log shows:

Extracting Macrium PE Files - 1/29/2019 12:50 PM
C:\program files\macrium\agent\
"C:\program files\macrium\agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount" -notech -x64
'"C:\program files\macrium\agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount" -notech -x64' FAILED - Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

Failed to extract PE files.
Unmounting the wim - 1/29/2019 12:50 PM
"C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\amd64\DISM\imagex.exe" /unmount "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount"

I've uninstalled the Agent, rebooted and then reinstalled it on a few computers but they still have the same error.  It's happening on x32 and x64 computers that all run Windows 10 v1803.  What are my options? I prefer to have recovery ISO files for all my computers so what are my options?

On a side note, is there a way to have the agents auto create a boot menu and ISO file?  I have been going to each computer to run this manually after each Macrium update which takes a lot of time.

Thanks for posting. Sorry you are having problems.

Can you open a support ticket so we can request more info? Thanks

https://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

charles.steiger
charles.steiger
New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)
I am having a very similar issue on multiple computers and will likely open a support request, too.

Reflect Agent: 7.2.3985

Note: with Reflect Home 7.2.3957, which is installed side-by-side with the MSM agent, I have no problem with creating the recovery ISO.

Also, I use MSM at home, but share the sentiment that a SMB or enterprise application would want to have the agent automatically update the boot menu and/or ISO files, without having to access each host, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the centralized management of backups, in my humble opinion.

Edited 3 February 2019 6:23 PM by cesthree
charles.steiger
charles.steiger
New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)New Member (26 reputation)
Quick Update
I tried cleaning up the cached files by following the following forum thread, but it did not resolve the issue:
https://forum.macrium.com/Topic4141.aspx

You can do this by deleting the following files, this will give you a fresh start and the ability to create Rescue Media from scratch,

C:\boot\macrium
C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows Kits
C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows AIK

Also, I verified that I have received the same error message:
'"C:\Program Files\Macrium\Agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount" -notech -x64' FAILED - Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

However, upon inspection of that directory, I did not locate any file with that name:
PS C:\Program Files\Macrium\Agent> Get-ChildItem WAIK*

Directory: C:\Program Files\Macrium\Agent

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
-a---- 2019-01-22 4:28 PM 151422376 WAIKFiles20x64.exe

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)Macrium Representative (3.1K reputation)
Group: Administrators
cesthree - 3 February 2019 6:41 PM
Quick Update
I tried cleaning up the cached files by following the following forum thread, but it did not resolve the issue:
https://forum.macrium.com/Topic4141.aspx

You can do this by deleting the following files, this will give you a fresh start and the ability to create Rescue Media from scratch,

C:\boot\macrium
C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows Kits
C:\ProgramData\Macrium\Reflect\Windows AIK

Also, I verified that I have received the same error message:
'"C:\Program Files\Macrium\Agent\WAIKFiles15x64.exe" "c:\boot\macrium\WA10KFiles\mount" -notech -x64' FAILED - Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified.

However, upon inspection of that directory, I did not locate any file with that name:
PS C:\Program Files\Macrium\Agent> Get-ChildItem WAIK*

Directory: C:\Program Files\Macrium\Agent

Mode LastWriteTime Length Name
---- ------------- ------ ----
-a---- 2019-01-22 4:28 PM 151422376 WAIKFiles20x64.exe

Thanks for your post and confirming that you have the same error. 

It appears to be caused by the fact that a standalone install of Reflect is installed on the same PC as the agent install. We will have an update shortly to resolve this and apologies for the problems this has cause.

Also, I use MSM at home, but share the sentiment that a SMB or enterprise application would want to have the agent automatically update the boot menu and/or ISO files, without having to access each host, which kind of defeats the purpose of using the centralized management of backups, in my humble opinion.

The agent install does automatically add the boot menu and build the WIM when a system restore is initiated from Site Manager. Unfortunately this action was defeated by the above bug.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Next Webinar

charles.steiger
charles.steiger
Nick, no worries, bugs happen. Macrium has excellent software and I appreciate your support.

Also, thank you for helping me understand MSM functionally further.

🙂
LafargeHolcim
LafargeHolcim
New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)
Hum....Macrium has excellent software?
I don't agree with that. It's my third install of MSM (2 versions before that) and the last is not free of bugs...

For an enterprise solution, Macrium should ameliorate its centralization. (in my humble opinion)

Edited 4 February 2019 6:39 AM by Lafarge
TheNexus
TheNexus
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Nick - 3 February 2019 10:35 PM
It appears to be caused by the fact that a standalone install of Reflect is installed on the same PC as the agent install. We will have an update shortly to resolve this and apologies for the problems this has cause.

Any idea when that update will be available?
Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)Macrium Representative (224 reputation)
Group: Moderators
TheNexus - 5 February 2019 4:40 PM
Nick - 3 February 2019 10:35 PM

Any idea when that update will be available?

Hi,
We are preparing the update of Site Manager now - hopefully this will be QA'd and released in the next couple of days, but this will depend on resolving any issues that are found in the test process.

Kind regards,

Macrium Development.

Next Webinar

TheNexus
TheNexus
I see the update this morning.  In running it, it seemed to remove Site Manager and didn't do anything else.  After 15 minutes I gave up, downloaded Site Manager again and installed it, updated the agents, and was then able to create create boot menu and restore media files on several of the problem computers.  Thanks for the latest update!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search