Problem backing up files and folders stored in onedrive

Author
nosheen
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I set up a scheduled backup containing all the folders stored in my user directory.  The backup runs perfectly after first setting it up, but when the scheduled backup runs it removes all the files and folders that are stored in onedrive.  In the log I see "The media is write protected.: C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\*" for every folder that is stored in onedrive.  These are not write protected, but are the source directories anyway? The destination is my NAS and is not write protected. I have tried changing the task scheduler user credentials from the system account to my admin account but the same thing happens.  Any help with this please?
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
nosheen - 24 January 2019 10:54 AM
I set up a scheduled backup containing all the folders stored in my user directory.  The backup runs perfectly after first setting it up, but when the scheduled backup runs it removes all the files and folders that are stored in onedrive.  In the log I see "The media is write protected.: C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Documents\*" for every folder that is stored in onedrive.  These are not write protected, but are the source directories anyway? The destination is my NAS and is not write protected. I have tried changing the task scheduler user credentials from the system account to my admin account but the same thing happens.  Any help with this please?

Thanks for posting and sorry for the delay in replying.

Unfortunately, scheduled tasks cannot authenticate against OneDrive folders. The Windows Authentication that's successful during an interactive session will fail when run from scheduled tasks. This is a known issue that MS are aware of and currently there is no work around.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Edited 29 January 2019 9:55 AM by Nick
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...