Macrium unable to find a file backup to restore

Author
jsquareg
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just upgraded from Free to the Paid edition via the pop up in Free.  I used it to back up a folder in one of the partitions on Drive 1, my data drive.  Drive 0 is the System drive and contains only Windows 10 stuff.
The resulting backup in on Drive 1 S:\Buffer is just as I intended.  So far so, so good.
But when I tried to use Restore/Browse for image or backup file to restore, I couldn't find the backup file name as it appears in File Explorer. I did find a backup in S:\Buffer with the image ID.  As it turns out that was what I was looking for.  Is there anyway I can make Folder/File restore display the name I used when I created the backup?
I hope I have been clear and not too wordy.

Thank you.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)
When you click "Browse for a file", Reflect defaults to showing only either image backups or File & Folder backups, depending on whether you had the Image or File Restore tab selected under the Restore tab.  By default, the image tab is selected, so that may be why you're not seeing the F&F backup.  However, the better way to view your backups (especially if you start getting into Differentials, Incrementals, multiple sets, etc.) is to have Reflect display available backups right there in the Restore area itself.  To do that, click the "Folders to search" link and make sure that the folder(s) containing your backups is/are all listed and checked.  If that's already done, you might just need to switch over to the tab corresponding to the backup type you're interested in.  Once you've got that set up, Reflect will display backups using the file names as they appear in Windows Explorer.

jsquareg
jsquareg
New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)New Member (12 reputation)
jphughan - 11 January 2019 4:03 AM
When you click "Browse for a file", Reflect defaults to showing only either image backups or File & Folder backups, depending on whether you had the Image or File Restore tab selected under the Restore tab.  By default, the image tab is selected, so that may be why you're not seeing the F&F backup.  However, the better way to view your backups (especially if you start getting into Differentials, Incrementals, multiple sets, etc.) is to have Reflect display available backups right there in the Restore area itself.  To do that, click the "Folders to search" link and make sure that the folder(s) containing your backups is/are all listed and checked.  If that's already done, you might just need to switch over to the tab corresponding to the backup type you're interested in.  Once you've got that set up, Reflect will display backups using the file names as they appear in Windows Explorer.
Thank you very much! That worked like a charm!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...