CBT Init Issue

Author
dbergst
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have been seeing messages similar to the following in my backup logs:

Saving Partition - Windows 10 (CSmile
Reading File System Bitmap
CBT Init Using MFT - Volume reset - 1/5/2019 6:41 PM, Image reset - 1/3/2019 3:06 PM
Looking for changes
Saving Partition

Although the backup completes without errors is there reason for concern?  If so, how can I correct this issue?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It just means that CBT doesn’t have a complete record of all changes that have occurred on that partition between the most recent existing backup and the one you’re making now (notice that the volume reset time is more recent than the image reset), so Reflect is falling back to the normal “Looking for changes” method instead. That step is unnecessary when CBT does have a complete record of everything that has changed, but that won’t always be the case, so that fallback is normal behavior and nothing to worry about.
Edited 7 January 2019 7:06 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...