Restore a specific folder from backup image

Author
Bobsen
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,
I inadvertently deleted a folder on my C drive (Downloads) and am trying to restore from a image file that, and only folder. I  tried to follow the example in the guide but it can't seem to find the folder in question (or its contents). I am using version 7. 2.3957, WIN 10 pro (latest updates) and back up to an external ssd. I use verify when making backups and receive no errors. Is there a kind soul who could (literally) walk me through the process of restoring this file and its contents?

Thanks in advance...

Bobsen

capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)
Bobsen - 5 January 2019 9:26 AM
Hi all,
I inadvertently deleted a folder on my C drive (Downloads) and am trying to restore from a image file that, and only folder. I  tried to follow the example in the guide but it can't seem to find the folder in question (or its contents). I am using version 7. 2.3957, WIN 10 pro (latest updates) and back up to an external ssd. I use verify when making backups and receive no errors. Is there a kind soul who could (literally) walk me through the process of restoring this file and its contents?

Thanks in advance...

Bobsen

1. Right-click the image file on your backup disk and choose “explore Image”.
2. Click the checkbox for the “C” partition.
3. Macrium Reflect will assign a drive letter to this partition and it will open showing the contents of the “C” partition.
4. Double-click the Users folder.
5. Double-click the name of the user whose Downloads folder you want to restore.
6. Click and drag the Downloads folder to the left to the location you want it restored to.
7. Be sure to un-mount the Macrium Image file that was created by right-clicking it and choosing “Unmount Image”.

Windows 10 Home (1809) 17763
Macrium Reflect 7.2.4063

Bobsen
Bobsen
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed reply, but thanks it worked! Thanks so much for your help!
capair45
capair45
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)Proficient Member (253 reputation)
Bobsen - 8 January 2019 9:57 AM
Hi,
Sorry for the delayed reply, but thanks it worked! Thanks so much for your help!

You're welcome!

Windows 10 Home (1809) 17763
Macrium Reflect 7.2.4063

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...