Home Version 7.2.3954 UEFI conflicts with SD Card Formatter 5.0.1

Author
7777777s
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Home Version 7.2.3858 UEFI works fine with the SD Formatter 5.0.1 application
Windows 10 Pro x64 UEFI boot from PCIe NVMe card
i7-8700K, 32GB DDR4

With version 7.2.3954 loaded, running SD Formatter causes the Windows Disk Manager to crash and sometime causes a BSoD
Running 7.2.3954, after uninstalling the SD Formatter 5.0.1 application, there are no issues.

I am using USB 3.0 and USB 3.0 Transcend Card Readers to hold and format Samsung, (EVO Select & EVO Plus), Micrc SDXC cards in
32GB, UHS-1 U1
64GB, UHS-1 U3
128GB, UHS-1 U3
256GB, UHS-1 U3.

Anyone else having this issue?

Edited 18 December 2018 10:19 PM by 7777777s
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)
There are several reports at the moment that the latest Reflect release (3954) is causing BSoDs that are implicating the Reflect CBT driver (one thread in this Other Queries section of the forum and another in the Disk Imaging section) but this is the first report I’ve seen about a possible connection to an SD card formatter application. The other reports mention these occurring during boot, during image jobs, and apparently on seemingly random occasions. Underlying cause isn’t clear yet, but as a workaround you can try removing the CBT component for now. Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > select Reflect > click Change > Modify > uncheck CBT. Reboot afterward.
7777777s
7777777s
New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)New Member (5 reputation)
Thanks, I removed the CBT feature, I was experiencing system crashed when backups ran as well.  I will let you know if this resolves the issue.

7777777s
7777777s
From the system event log with the CBT feature enabled:
An error was encountered while processing the Ntfs system metadata on line 1884
An error was encountered while processing the Ntfs system metadata on line 1333

John Wright
John Wright
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
7777777s - 20 December 2018 11:09 PM
From the system event log with the CBT feature enabled:

7s,

Have you re-booted after uninstalling CBT?
I uninstalled CBT and had an additional BSOD, so I re-booted and this seemed to fix it.
There is an update now that addresses this issue. 7.2.3957

Regards,
John
7777777s
7777777s
I rebooted after changing the CBT setting.   
Also the new version 7.2.3957 Home Edition UEFI has the same issue when CBT is enabled. 
It crashes the USB 3.0 access to the MicroSDXC cards with the same errors showing in the event viewer.System Logs
This error is new
Cannot zero sectors on disk \\?\PhysicalDrive9. Error code: 5@0101000F
I wonder if this is the cause of the issue that causes me to have to power cycle the machine to clear the USB bus?
I disabled CBT and rebooted

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.2K reputation)
I wonder if CBT may be “attaching” to your memory card even though it shouldn’t be. Hopefully Macrium responds here soon, but if not I’d recommend submitting a support ticket at helpdesk.macrium.com. Good luck!
John Wright
John Wright
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
jphughan - 22 December 2018 3:55 AM
I wonder if CBT may be “attaching” to your memory card even though it shouldn’t be. Hopefully Macrium responds here soon, but if not I’d recommend submitting a support ticket at helpdesk.macrium.com. Good luck!
Thanks jphugan,

You might be right. After uninstalling CBT and re-booting all seems OK.
I installed the patches for 7.2.3957 and this runs without error as well.
I did notice that CBT was still uninstalled though.
I will try running Program Install and check the CBT box and see whether this turns CBT back on.

Regards,
John
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Yes, you can install components the same way as you uninstall them. It will restore the CBT component, and if you previously had it enabled under Edit Defaults > Advanced, it will be enabled. If you had it disabled, it will still be disabled.
John Wright
John Wright
jphughan - 22 December 2018 4:01 PM
Yes, you can install components the same way as you uninstall them. It will restore the CBT component, and if you previously had it enabled under Edit Defaults > Advanced, it will be enabled. If you had it disabled, it will still be disabled.

Got It, Thanks,

John
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...