7.2.3954 ISO file size increase?

Author
dbminter
Expert
Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)Expert (786 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It seems the ISO file sizes that the Rescue Media builder for 7.2.3954 increased by about 100 MB.  Not that an increase of that size really matters but I am curious if this would be expected behavior.  I mean, as long as the ISO is smaller than a CD, it doesn't really matter.

Oh, one thing that might factor into it.  I believe those old ISO's were created on a Windows 10 1803 install and these new ISO's were created on 1809.  I don't know if that would matter or not.

Thanks!

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
If you're creating ISOs on Win10 1809, then you're using WinRE, because Reflect doesn't support the Win10 1809 ADK.  The WinRE build can vary because the contents of a given system's Recovery partition is customizable; it isn't consistent for all systems running a given OS.  I've noticed for example that my WinRE-based ISO is over 600MB, and about a third of that is because my Synaptics touchpad drivers are on my WinRE partition, and they're huge because that driver package includes videos to demonstrate various gestures.  So it's possible that something was added to the WinRE.wim file on your Recovery partition, and/or that 1809's base WinRE environment is that much larger than 1803's.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...