Adding drivers to Rescue Media Manually

Author
bluekabylake
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am trying to add drivers to my rescue media to compatibility reasons. Specifically I wish to add some Intel RAID drivers as some of our devices require such a driver. I assume copying the driver files to the "C:\boot\macrium\drivers\Disk" would allow the creation process to automatically detect the drivers but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

I have already referenced this article about the topic and am still having issues...

Macrium has no problem detecting the hardware on my current machine which I am using to create the rescue media but I don't seem to find the ability to add other drivers not needed for my current PC.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)
That window lists the devices on that actual PC. It does not list all of the drivers in the Drivers folder. However, if you have a suitable driver in the location you mentioned, it will still get copied into Rescue Media you build, and the Rescue Media should load it automatically when booted on a system that has that RAID device. Technically you can add drivers directly to Rescue Media after it’s been built too (if you’re using USB) by just copying the files directly to that Drivers folder on the USB device, but copying them to the corresponding folder on your hard drive will ensure that all Rescue Media built on that PC will include that driver.
bluekabylake
bluekabylake
New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)
jphughan - 15 December 2018 6:03 PM
That window lists the devices on that actual PC. It does not list all of the drivers in the Drivers folder. However, if you have a suitable driver in the location you mentioned, it will still get copied into Rescue Media you build, and the Rescue Media should load it automatically when booted on a system that has that RAID device. Technically you can add drivers directly to Rescue Media after it’s been built too (if you’re using USB) by just copying the files directly to that Drivers folder on the USB device, but copying them to the corresponding folder on your hard drive will ensure that all Rescue Media built on that PC will include that driver.

Thnx for the clarification...

Once I have created the rescue media ISO, I assume it's safe to delete the "boot" folder from my C: drive?
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.1K reputation)
If you don’t intend to use the recovery boot menu option, you can, but it’ll get created again anyway if you ever build Rescue Media again, such as after a Reflect update.
bluekabylake
bluekabylake
jphughan - 15 December 2018 6:53 PM
If you don’t intend to use the recovery boot menu option, you can, but it’ll get created again anyway if you ever build Rescue Media again, such as after a Reflect update.

Good to know...Thnx
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...