No email messages.

Author
rafikiphoto
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm not getting emailed success or failure messages any longer. The test message is delivered OK and I have checked the recipient email. What else should I be looking for? This is with the latest Reflect 7 on Windows 10 64 bit PC.
Edited 8 December 2018 11:21 AM by rafikiphoto
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Are you configuring the recipient email under Edit Defaults?  If so and you already had an existing job defined, you need to edit the email settings for the existing definition file instead.  Edit Defaults is used for configuring the mail server settings that will be used for all jobs, and as the name implies, it can be used to specify default recipients for new jobs you create, but settings there are not retroactively applied to existing jobs.  To edit an existing job, go to the Backup Definition Files tab, right-click your job, and select Edit > Advanced Options > Email.

Edited 8 December 2018 5:40 PM by jphughan
rafikiphoto
rafikiphoto
New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)New Member (37 reputation)
jphughan - 8 December 2018 5:16 PM
Are you configuring the recipient email under Edit Defaults?  If so and you already had an existing job defined, you need to edit the email settings for the existing definition file instead.  Edit Defaults is used for configuring the mail server settings that will be used for all jobs, and as the name implies, it can be used to specify default recipients for new jobs you create, but settings there are not retroactively applied to existing jobs.  To edit an existing job, go to the Backup Definition Files tab, right-click your job, and select Edit > Advanced Options > Email.

Thanks for your reply. The default email and individual definition files are all set up and for the same, single recipient. The logs indicate that an email is sent.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
If the test email function results in an email as expected, the job log indicates an email was sent, and you've triple-checked the email address, then the only thing I can think of would be that your mail server might be killing the message off as spam rather than simply redirecting to your spam folder.  To look at that, can you try a different email address, preferably on a different provider?  Also try temporarily not including the job and/or VSS logs in case those attachments might be causing the mail provider to reject the message.

rafikiphoto
rafikiphoto
jphughan - 8 December 2018 6:32 PM
If the test email function results in an email as expected, the job log indicates an email was sent, and you've triple-checked the email address, then the only thing I can think of would be that your mail server might be killing the message off as spam rather than simply redirecting to your spam folder.  To look at that, can you try a different email address, preferably on a different provider?  Also try temporarily not including the job and/or VSS logs in case those attachments might be causing the mail provider to reject the message.

It was my mail provider's spam filter. I was seeing nothing relevant in the spam box but there is a 'reset' button in the spam control which is to be used if there are false positives occurring. I reset that and the Macrium emails began appearing. Thanks for the heads up on that.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...