Installing New NVMe SSD drive and Macrium Reflect question

Author
themagicman
Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)Junior Member (56 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,
I was wondering if I can install new backup to new SSD NVME drive without using Reflect Redeploy? If so how do I go about using the redeploy? I don't have a standing Win10 software.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It depends on a variety of factors.  If your backup came from another NVMe SSD, then you should be able to restore it without any further action required, except maybe needing to run Fix Boot Problems.  If the backup did NOT come from another NVMe SSD, then you MIGHT need ReDeploy.  It would depend on your system and its BIOS configuration, specifically whether the Intel Rapid Storage controller is enabled, which is usually indicated by the system being in a mode called RAID, Intel RST Premium, Intel Rapid Storage, or something similar.  If your system has that feature and it was enabled at the time of the backup and is still enabled now, you don't need ReDeploy.  If your system is instead in AHCI mode (or doesn't have an option like this at all), then you likely will need to run ReDeploy.  The good news is that if backup is Windows 8 or newer, this is easy.  You just restore the image onto the new SSD, then run ReDeploy from the Restore Tasks menu in the Rescue environment.  Step through the wizard, and it should take care of everything without you needing to supply any drivers.  At that point, again you might also end up needing to run Fix Boot Problems if the initial boot attempt doesn't work, but after that you should be fine.

I'm not sure what you meant when you said you don't have any "standing Win10" software.  If that was supposed to be "standard" and you meant you don't have regular Windows 10 installation media, you can always download that from Microsoft here if you ever want to perform a clean install rather than restoring a backup.  That download includes a tool to help you perform an in-place upgrade or create a bootable USB flash drive or DVD.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...