Windows Cannot verify the digital Signature for this file 0xc0000428 After Cloning

Windows Cannot verify the digital Signature for this file 0xc0000428...
Author
JimNKing
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Booting to MR rescue disk using 7.2.3906 I cloned a windows 7 HDD to a SSD with the same size partition.
It Wouldn't boot. Error 0xc0000428 in the same PC. Using the same cables.
Using the Macrium Reflect rescue Media I tried:
A) Fix Windows Boot Problems - Didn't work
B) ReDeploy restored image to new hardware - Didn't work

This worked!
1) Boot from windows system restore disk.
2) go to command prompt
3) c:\BCDEDIT
4) Get the identifier of the Windows Boot Loader "{current}" in the example below. Use whatever your system shows as the identifier in step 5. It could be different. In the help I found for this it was "(current)"

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier     {current}
device      partition=C:
path       \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exe

5) C:\BCDEDIT -set {current} nointegritychecks 1
6) The operation completed successfully.
7) reboot

Hopefully this will help somebody else who has the same problem.
Jim
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Glad your system is working, but disabling integrity checks is probably not advisable as a long-term solution, and it absolutely should not be necessary after a clone if the source disk worked with integrity checks enabled.  Assuming your original drive still works, I personally would recommend running the clone again.  And if you didn't do this originally, after the clone completes, I would disconnect the original source drive before your first boot attempt from the new drive.  If you want to reconnect the other drive later to repartition it as a data-only drive, that's fine, and this first boot process has admittedly seemed to be more relevant to UEFI systems as opposed to Legacy BIOS systems, and most Windows 7 installations are Legacy BIOS, but as I said, it still reduces variables.  If it still doesn't work, Fix Boot Problems often fixes issues (hence its name and existence), but ReDeploy would not be useful in this case since ReDeploy is intended for moving images to completely different PCs.

Edited 4 December 2018 7:16 PM by jphughan
JimNKing
JimNKing
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
jphughan - 4 December 2018 7:12 PM
Glad your system is working, but disabling integrity checks is probably not advisable as a long-term solution, and it absolutely should not be necessary after a clone if the source disk worked with integrity checks enabled.  Assuming your original drive still works, I personally would recommend running the clone again.  And if you didn't do this originally, after the clone completes, I would disconnect the original source drive before your first boot attempt from the new drive.  If you want to reconnect the other drive later to repartition it as a data-only drive, that's fine, and this first boot process has admittedly seemed to be more relevant to UEFI systems as opposed to Legacy BIOS systems, and most Windows 7 installations are Legacy BIOS, but as I said, it still reduces variables.  If it still doesn't work, Fix Boot Problems often fixes issues (hence its name and existence), but ReDeploy would not be useful in this case since ReDeploy is intended for moving images to completely different PCs.

Thanks for the reply.
The original drive still works. It is a Windows 7 legacy install with only 1 partition on the drive.
I did disconnect the original drive and moved the cables from the original drive to the SSD so it would boot from the same SATA slot.
"Fix boot problems" didn't fix the boot problems that's why I tried ReDeploy.
I tried Cloning twice.
The 1st time cloned using a USB adapter for the SSD. Unplugged the original drive and used the same SATA cables for the SSD. Then "Fix Boot Problems" then ReDeploy. I have used the same adapter many times before.
The 2nd time cloned using a SATA connection.Unplugged the original drive then used the original SATA cables for the SSD.Then "Fix Boot Problems" then ReDeploy.
After the 2nd time used the Windows 7 system restore disk. Tried the fix boot errors on that disk before disabling integrity checks.
After I got it to work I copied another drive to a new partition on the SSD.

I have had a technician's license for about 3 years and this is only the 3rd system I couldn't get to work. The 1st one I ended up using Samsung Magician to clone it. The 2nd one I still can't get to work. I am about ready to use Samsung Magician on that one too.

Jim

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...