Accumulation of issues

Author
jsampson45
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
1. I am told my user support has run out, but not how to renew it, or whether I can renew it. If not, I may need to find another backup application.
2. A scheduled backup had failed with the message " "Backup aborted! - Unable to read from disk -Error Code 1450 - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service". On applying for support, I was referred to a knowledgebase article giving instructions to make changes to the Windows register. I made these changes and rebooted. But the subsequent scheduled backup did not happen at all. I expect I need to look at the schedule to see if it has been altered in some way.
3. But the user guide, which only shows in Chrome, not in Firefox, has a section on scheduling which mentions a wizard and how to use it. Unfortunately it does not say how to reach it.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Support renewals are accessed by going to the Macrium website, mousing over the Support header, and clicking "Renew Support" -- direct link here.  However, renewals are not available for the Home version, which just includes one year of support with the license.  It also does not include entitlement to free upgrades to any major releases that occur within the support period as the business-oriented versions do.  Full info about support options is here.

I use Firefox (63.0.3 as of this writing) and I can access the user guide just fine.  Is this the link you're using?  If so, do you perhaps have an add-on active that might be causing problems?  At the top of the navigation sidebar along the left column, there's also a "Complete User Guide" link that allows you to download it as a PDF, in case you'd find that useful.

To access the scheduling wizard for an existing definition file, open Reflect, go to the Backup Definition Files tab, right-click the definition file of interest, and click Schedule.

Edited 29 November 2018 5:01 PM by jphughan
jsampson45
jsampson45
New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)New Member (28 reputation)
jphughan - 29 November 2018 4:17 PM
Support renewals are accessed by going to the Macrium website, mousing over the Support header, and clicking "Renew Support" -- direct link here.  However, renewals are not available for the Home version; they include one year of support with the license, and cannot later be renewed.  Full info about support options is here.

I use Firefox (63.0.3 as of this writing) and I can access the user guide just fine.  Is this the link you're using?  If so, do you perhaps have an add-on active that might be causing problems?  At the top of the navigation sidebar along the left column, there's also a "Complete User Guide" link that allows you to download it as a PDF, in case you'd find that useful.

To access the scheduling wizard for an existing definition file, open Reflect, go to the Backup Definition Files tab, right-click the definition file of interest, and click Schedule.

Many thanks for the info. The user guide is showing in Firefox again. There must have been a temporary fault.
Kind regards
John

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...