Resuming backups after reformatting the OS HDD/SSD and clean install of OS.

Resuming backups after reformatting the OS HDD/SSD and clean install...
Author
Danny Craig
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
How do you resume backups to follow the same sequential numbering system of the original backup mring numbers of the backups that already exists in the backup location.  I don't want it to start a new full backup and new incremental backups.  I now have 2 sets of full and incremental backups with 2 different mring numbers( 1 set has 1 full and 13 incremental backups and the other set has 1 full and 30 incremental backups)..

Easiest way to explain this issue is the current last incremental listed ends with mring number(last 4 numbers) 13-13.  I want the next incremental mring number to be 14-14, not 01-01.

Hope you following what I'm trying to explain.
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Reflect will only create a new Incremental or Differential within an existing set if it determines that the existing set “matches” the data being backed up in the current job, otherwise it will create a Full even if you asked for something else. For image backups, “matching” requires that the existing and current backups contain the exact same partitions and partition sizes. A clean install would create new partition volume IDs and a new GUID or disk signature depending on whether your disk uses GPT or MBR, so there’s no way for you to continue appending to a previous set after wiping your disk and setting it up from scratch. You need to start a new set, and each set maintains its own sequential numbering. Your wiped hard drive is effectively a completely different disk, and I don’t know of any image backup solution that will let you take a backup set based on one disk and make a new Incremental that came from another disk.
Edited 22 November 2018 6:22 AM by jphughan
Danny Craig
Danny Craig
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Thank you for your answer.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...