BSOD when safely remove eSATA harddrive since Version 7.2.3825

Author
thorstenn
New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

every Saturday (or during the night from Saturday to Sunday) i make a copy of my backup files to an external harddisk at  an eSATA interface. After this i safely remove this external harddisk. At least the last two times i got a BSOD stop 00x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_AT_NONPAGED_AREA caused by mrcbt.sys. I'm not sure anymore if it happens the weekend November 3rd, too. I think it happens since the Version 7.2.3825.

Anyone else has the same problem? What can i do?

Best regards
Thorsten

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Macrium updated CBT significantly for 7.2, and there have been a few issues reported with the updated version.  Macrium has been fixing them though, so I would expect that they will be able to fix this.  As a workaround until this gets fixed, you can uninstall just the CBT driver in order to stop the BSODs.  To do that, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.  Select Macrium Reflect, click "Change", then click Modify and uncheck CBT.  You will need to restart, and then you won't benefit from CBT's features of course, but it should at least stop the BSODs until Macrium can provide an update to resolve the issue.  Macrium might also ask you for the "dump file" that your system would have created during the BSOD, since it might help them figure out what's causing the problem.

Edited 18 November 2018 4:21 AM by jphughan
JamieW
JamieW
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)Macrium Representative (212 reputation)
Group: Moderators
thorstenn - 18 November 2018 3:33 AM
Hello,

every Saturday (or during the night from Saturday to Sunday) i make a copy of my backup files to an external harddisk at  an eSATA interface. After this i safely remove this external harddisk. At least the last two times i got a BSOD stop 00x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_AT_NONPAGED_AREA caused by mrcbt.sys. I'm not sure anymore if it happens the weekend November 3rd, too. I think it happens since the Version 7.2.3825.

Anyone else has the same problem? What can i do?

Best regards
Thorsten

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english

Hi Thorsten,

Thank you for your post and sorry that you are having problems with Macrium Reflect.​

​Please can you open a support ticket using the following link, so that we can collect some more information​​​​​.
http://www.macrium.com/support

Kind Regards,
Macrium Support​​​

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...