Image Guardian blocks RoboCopy

Author
Wepeel
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Image Guardian no longer allows RoboCopy to purge directories.

I have checked the "Allow RoboCopy to sync and move backup files on protected volumes", but every purge command gets blocked by Image Guardian.

Reflect v7.2.3858
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Wepeel - 13 November 2018 3:46 PM

I have checked the "Allow RoboCopy to sync and move backup files on protected volumes", but every purge command gets blocked by Image Guardian.

Reflect v7.2.3858

Thanks for posting.

Is this a Reflect generated script or manually created?  If possible could you post up the RoboCopy command line? 

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.9K reputation)
Also check the MIG protection status of both the source and target drives and your definition file "registration".  According to this KB article, when the Robocopy target is a MIG-protected volume, the purge command is only allowed if both a) the source folder is a backup destination in any saved backup definition xml file, and b) the target folder is not a backup destination in any saved backup defintion xml file.  So first make sure your definition file is listed in the Backup Definition Files tab in Reflect.  And then someone else reported an issue like this a while ago and it turned out that they were using Robocopy to mirror a parent folder that contained multiple subfolders and the subfolders were the targets of the various Reflect jobs.  Since the parent folder itself wasn't a destination of any backup file, MIG rejected the operation until the user specified the actual destination subfolders as the source and destination

Edited 13 November 2018 4:45 PM by jphughan
Wepeel
Wepeel
New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)New Member (18 reputation)
Nick - 13 November 2018 4:10 PM

Reflect v7.2.3858

Thanks for posting.

Is this a Reflect generated script or manually created?  If possible could you post up the RoboCopy command line? 

It's a manually created .bat file. I have a scheduled VBScript which runs the .bat file.

robocopy "G:\HDD1 Differential" "I:\HDD1 Differential" *.mr* /nocopy /purge /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\HDD1 Differential\Purge Log.txt"
robocopy "G:\HDD1 Differential" "I:\HDD1 Differential" *.mr* /copy:DAT /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\HDD1 Differential\Copy Log.txt"
robocopy "F:\OS Backup Win7" "I:\OS Backup Win7" *.mr* /nocopy /purge /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\OS Backup Win7\Purge Log.txt"
robocopy "F:\OS Backup Win7" "I:\OS Backup Win7" *.mr* /copy:DAT /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\OS Backup Win7\Copy Log.txt"

jphughan - 13 November 2018 4:41 PM
Also check the MIG protection status of both the source and target drives and your definition file "registration".  According to this KB article, when the Robocopy target is a MIG-protected volume, the purge command is only allowed if both a) the source folder is a backup destination in any saved backup definition xml file, and b) the target folder is not a backup destination in any saved backup defintion xml file.  So first make sure your definition file is listed in the Backup Definition Files tab in Reflect.  And then someone else reported an issue like this a while ago and it turned out that they were using Robocopy to mirror a parent folder that contained multiple subfolders and the subfolders were the targets of the various Reflect jobs.  Since the parent folder itself wasn't a destination of any backup file, MIG rejected the operation until the user specified the actual destination subfolders as the source and destination

My setup has worked without issues in the past. Nothing has changed from what I know except I updated Reflect to v7.2.3858. But I checked and I can't see anything that breaks the conditions for RoboCopy/Image Guardian.
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Wepeel - 13 November 2018 8:34 PM

Reflect v7.2.3858

Thanks for posting.

It's a manually created .bat file. I have a scheduled VBScript which runs the .bat file.

robocopy "G:\HDD1 Differential" "I:\HDD1 Differential" *.mr* /nocopy /purge /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\HDD1 Differential\Purge Log.txt"
robocopy "G:\HDD1 Differential" "I:\HDD1 Differential" *.mr* /copy:DAT /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\HDD1 Differential\Copy Log.txt"
robocopy "F:\OS Backup Win7" "I:\OS Backup Win7" *.mr* /nocopy /purge /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\OS Backup Win7\Purge Log.txt"
robocopy "F:\OS Backup Win7" "I:\OS Backup Win7" *.mr* /copy:DAT /eta /tee /r:2 /w:15 /LOG:"I:\OS Backup Win7\Copy Log.txt"

My setup has worked without issues in the past. Nothing has changed from what I know except I updated Reflect to v7.2.3858. But I checked and I can't see anything that breaks the conditions for RoboCopy/Image Guardian.

Thanks for the info... So we can replicate,

1.which *folders* involved (Robocopy source or target) are backup destination folders for backup definitions loaded in  Reflect.

2. Which volumes involved, G:, I: or F: have MIG enabled.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Wepeel
Wepeel
Nick - 13 November 2018 8:52 PM

Reflect v7.2.3858

Thanks for posting.

1.which *folders* involved (Robocopy source or target) are backup destination folders for backup definitions loaded in  Reflect.

The backup destination folders for my backup definitions are:
G:\HDD1 Differential
F:\OS Backup Win7

All three volumes, F:, G:, and I: have MIG enabled.

irelandguy
irelandguy
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)

Reflect v7.2.3858

Thanks for posting.

Have same problem here but was blaming Win 10 18.09 (tried again after updating the 1809 fix KB4467708 today and would not run). Destination Drive D: Has MIG  enabled but has a different folder for use in Macrium Reflect V7.2.3825 backups named D:\MR_Win10_C. This was a scheduled task that stopped running after updating to V7.2

Here is a partial successful run with MIG disabled on Drive D:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 ROBOCOPY  ::  Robust File Copy for Windows          

Started : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:12:49 PM
 Source : J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\
  Dest : D:\BackupSyncFolder\

Files : *.mr*

Options : /TS /FP /TEE /DCOPYBigGrinA /COPYBigGrinAT /PURGE /NP /R:1000000 /W:30

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

104    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\
      New File          779.3 m 2018/11/10 10:02:16    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\1EE790AA8B31BD49-01-01.mrimg
      New File          331.9 m 2018/11/10 11:01:32    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\1EE790AA8B31BD49-02-02.mrimg

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
irelandguy - 13 November 2018 9:42 PM

Reflect v7.2.3858

Thanks for posting.

Have same problem here but was blaming Win 10 18.09 (tried again after updating the 1809 fix KB4467708 today and would not run). Destination Drive D: Has MIG  enabled but has a different folder for use in Macrium Reflect V7.2.3825 backups named D:\MR_Win10_C. This was a scheduled task that stopped running after updating to V7.2

Here is a partial successful run with MIG disabled on Drive D:

Started : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:12:49 PM

Options : /TS /FP /TEE /DCOPYBigGrinA /COPYBigGrinAT /PURGE /NP /R:1000000 /W:30

104    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\
      New File          779.3 m 2018/11/10 10:02:16    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\1EE790AA8B31BD49-01-01.mrimg
      New File          331.9 m 2018/11/10 11:01:32    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\1EE790AA8B31BD49-02-02.mrimg

@irelandguy, @Wepeel, thanks for the details. We've reproduced and will provide a fix shortly.  

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
@irelandguy, @Wepeel

Please see here for a solution to this issue:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/RoboCopy+Blocked+Incorrectly+by+MIG

This won't be necessary after the next update.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

irelandguy
irelandguy
New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)New Member (44 reputation)
Nick - 14 November 2018 4:11 PM
@irelandguy, @Wepeel

Please see here for a solution to this issue:

https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW72/RoboCopy+Blocked+Incorrectly+by+MIG

This won't be necessary after the next update.

Ran fix - still an issue. I think my robocopy script should work.
With/Without Mig protection runs below.
Thanks for your Help!

Log File : C:\Users\vernk\Desktop\synctod.txt

Started : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:02:18 PM

102  J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\
    New File     121.9 m 2018/11/14 18:01:38  J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\6140481AC795E83B-10-10.mrimg
2018/11/14 13:02:20 ERROR 1296 (0x00000510) Changing File Attributes J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\6140481AC795E83B-10-10.mrimg
The requested file operation failed because the storage policy blocks that type of file. For more information, contact your system administrator.
Waiting 30 seconds... Retrying...
    New File     121.9 m 2018/11/14 18:01:38  J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\6140481AC795E83B-10-10.mrimg
2018/11/14 13:03:11 ERROR 1296 (0x00000510) Changing File Attributes J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\6140481AC795E83B-10-10.mrimg
The requested file operation failed because the storage policy blocks that type of file. For more information, contact your system administrator.
Waiting 30 seconds...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With MIG protection off

Started : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:11:51 PM

103    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\
      New File          58.7 m 2018/11/14 18:11:21    J:\Mr_Win10C_V7\6140481AC795E83B-11-11.mrimg

Total  Copied Skipped Mismatch  FAILED  Extras
  Dirs :   1   0   1   0   0   0
 Files :   103   1   102   0   0   0
 Bytes : 357.997 g 58.73 m 357.940 g   0   0   0
 Times : 0:00:01 0:00:01        0:00:00 0:00:00

Speed :    39006392 Bytes/sec.
 Speed :    2231.963 MegaBytes/min.
 Ended : Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:11:53 PM

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...