Help > Release Notes opens IE instead of default browser

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
When I choose Release Notes from the Help menu within Reflect it now opens the Web page in IE instead of the default browser, Edge in my case.

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)Macrium Representative (3K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Gork - 12 November 2018 1:15 PM
When I choose Release Notes from the Help menu within Reflect it now opens the Web page in IE instead of the default browser, Edge in my case.

Hi Gork

The release notes are loaded using ShellExecute, which should use the default browser.

What happens if you enter the following command in the PowerShell command Window?

start "https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/v7.2.3858/details7.2.3858.htm"

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Hmm...  When I run the command in an elevated PowerShell window I receive the following:
start : This command cannot be run due to the error: The system cannot find the file specified.
At line:1 char:1
+ start "https://updates.macrium.com/reflect/v7/v7.2.3858/details7.2.38 ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  + CategoryInfo    : InvalidOperation: (:) [Start-Process], InvalidOperationException
  + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.StartProcessCommand

When I run the command as my normal user (not admin) the link opens in Edge.​​

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Edited 13 November 2018 4:27 AM by Gork
Gork
Gork
Guru
Ok, thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I had apparently not signed into my Admin account since some recent Windows update and something hadn't updated properly, maybe?  I signed on to the Admin account (same one I use to start Reflect from my non-admin account) and started Edge.  I then signed out of the Admin account and back into my user account.  After doing so, accessing the link via the Reflect GUI or the START command above works as expected and the resulting shortcut comes up in Edge.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...