Unable to enable CBT for partition

Author
robertgr
Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I can not enable CBT for a particular NTFS & Bitlockered partition, this has been working
The partition is unlocked (confirmed by hovering over the Bitlocker icon)
If I select 'Enable CBT' from the actions menu then nothing happens (disable/enable works for the other partitions)
If I run a backup then the it completes successfully using CBT for the other 2 partitions but not the the partition at issue
The CBT tool states that there is no tracking information for this partition
I have tried uninstalling & reinstalling the CBT driver
I am using 7.2.3825 & Win 10 18277.1000
Any ideas?

Edited 11 November 2018 9:31 AM by robertgr
BlackCat
BlackCat
Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)
Hi Robert.

I flagged this recently (https://forum.macrium.com/Topic26135.aspx) and logged a ticket with support.  I believe they have a fix in hand which should be available soon.

Cheers, BlackCat

robertgr
robertgr
Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)Junior Member (75 reputation)
Hi BlackCat,
Thank you for your reply!
I did see your post earlier but as you didn't mention Bitlocker I posted separately
What is a summary of the issue?
Is it related specifically to Bitlocker?
Thanks,
Rob
Edited 11 November 2018 12:55 PM by robertgr
BlackCat
BlackCat
Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)Junior Member (86 reputation)
robertgr - 11 November 2018 12:51 PM
Hi BlackCat,
Thank you for your reply!
I did see your post earlier but as you didn't mention Bitlocker I posted separately
What is a summary of the issue?
Is it related specifically to Bitlocker?
Thanks,
Rob

Reviewing the forum post, I went into quite a lot of detail but completely failed to mention bitlocker- not sure how I managed that!   However, I did include that "minor" detail Smile in the support ticket and it does seem to be related specifically to bitlocker.  The support guys found an undocumented bitlocker error in my Reflect logs which they were taking up with Microsoft.  They managed to reproduce and fix the problem, and plan to include the fix in a forthcoming update.
Cheers, BlackCat

CableStretcher
CableStretcher
New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)New Member (3 reputation)
Do you know if this was ever resolved? I checked patch notes but didn't see anything referencing it specifically. Thank you.

robertgr
robertgr
Interestingly this was fixed for me in the release before last but I couldn't find any mention in those release notes either lol
That release also fixed for me the mount issue but again I couldn't find any mention in the release notes
Edited 8 December 2018 9:41 AM by robertgr
BlackCat
BlackCat
Unfortunately, it's still not fixed for me.  Macrium Support is in regular contact with updates for me to try and, while it's not fixed yet, I'm happy that they're working hard to resolve it.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...