Phantom Definition File

Author
Kupuna
New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)New Member (6 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
A definition file I no longer use, keeps trying to run. I can see the HTML of my active definition files where they are stored (a folder inside my external Backup folder) but even a full-text search of my system does not show the file that tries to run. If submitting additional documentation or images would help, please let me know what might be useful.
Issue 2: I would like to renew my paid support, but I can't find a location to do so. Where should I look?

Gork
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Is it trying to run on its own?  If so, and you once used the standard Reflect scheduling interface to run it on a schedule, I'd check the Scheduled Backups tab.  Select on the scheduled event in question and view the bottom half of the screen.  The topmost line in the Storage Options tab should show you exactly where the Backup Definition File is located.  Additionally, you can delete the scheduled event by right clicking on it and choosing Delete.

​If I go to https://www.macrium.com/support and input my key as instructed it tells me, accurately, that I do not have current support and indicates that I should use the form above to raise a support ticket.  So, I'm assuming this is how you might proceed?  I wish I could be more helpful/definitive...​

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
Someone else had this issue once and the underlying cause was a scheduled task still stuck in Windows Task Scheduler that referenced a non-existent definition file.  Gork's suggestion to check the Scheduled Backups tab within Reflect (which basically presents a view into Task Scheduler) is the right way to dig into this.

Edited 5 November 2018 2:54 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...