Rescue Media Created & Updater Messages Centered Differently

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just wanted to point out that the popup box indicating rescue media has been successfully created (and the one from Reflect Updater indicating no update is available when you manually check) is no longer centered over the Reflect window as it used to be but, instead, is centered in the middle of the monitor.  I'm not sure whether or not this will end up presenting an actual issue but it seems wrong and I suppose is slightly annoying to have to move the mouse cursor that far across the monitor and I don't think is "industry standard" if that makes any sense.

In addition​​, another small thing...  The message displayed in Reflect Updater box is different than it used to be and seems simplistic and unprofessional - like it was a "placeholder message" during coding which was never polished up.  It simply says, "You're up to date".

Perhaps this is by design but just in case it's not I thought I'd point it out.  And yes, VERY SMALL "issues," I get that.​​

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Edited 5 November 2018 6:44 AM by Gork
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Gork - 5 November 2018 6:28 AM
I just wanted to point out that the popup box indicating rescue media has been successfully created (and the one from Reflect Updater indicating no update is available when you manually check) is no longer centered over the Reflect window as it used to be but, instead, is centered in the middle of the monitor.  I'm not sure whether or not this will end up presenting an actual issue but it seems wrong and I suppose is slightly annoying to have to move the mouse cursor that far across the monitor and I don't think is "industry standard" if that makes any sense.

In addition, another small thing...  The message displayed in Reflect Updater box is different than it used to be and seems simplistic and unprofessional - like it was a "placeholder message" during coding which was never polished up.  It simply says, "You're up to date".

Perhaps this is by design but just in case it's not I thought I'd point it out.  And yes, VERY SMALL "issues," I get that.

Thanks for your input Gork.   The message boxes should be centred over the parent Window so we'll look into that.

"You're up to date"  isn't a placeholder message,  It's a positive spin on 'No updates found".  

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

dbminter
dbminter
Expert
Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)Expert (677 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I don't know if this is related or not but I noticed the window that opens when you manually issue a Verify does not center.  It appears more towards the lower right hand side of the screen.  This window placement is not remembered, too, when you move the window to the center of the screen.  When Reflect is closed/Windows restarted (I've not tested to see how it is triggered.) the default location of the Verify window is still the lower right hand side of the screen.

Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)
Group: Administrators
dbminter - 5 November 2018 10:34 PM
I don't know if this is related or not but I noticed the window that opens when you manually issue a Verify does not center.  It appears more towards the lower right hand side of the screen.  This window placement is not remembered, too, when you move the window to the center of the screen.  When Reflect is closed/Windows restarted (I've not tested to see how it is triggered.) the default location of the Verify window is still the lower right hand side of the screen.

Thanks for posting. The verification dialog positioning is unchanged from all earlier versions of Reflect.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...