v7.2.3811 UI Issue/bug report; "Actions..." popup window

Author
Gork
Guru
Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)Guru (1.2K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I open Reflect in a non full screen size GUI window.  Only 2 of my 5 drives show up in the window of the "Create a backup" tab.  When I click on "Actions..." sometimes the resulting pop-up window flashes on the screen then disappears immediately.  When this occurs, the Image Guardian option is toggled, as if I actually clicked on that option in the popup window.  If I maximize the application window all my drives show up on the screen and this problem is not exhibited.  This seems to be related to how close the "Actions..." option is to the bottom of the Reflect GUI window.  If it is too close to the bottom of the window this issue occurs, making it impossible to select any option in the "Actions..." list and inadvertently toggling the Image Guardian option.  Again, the workaround seems to be ensuring that the "Actions..." option is not too close to the bottom of the main Reflect GUI window.  Of course, this may not be possible for some folks with many drives in the list - rendering the "Actions..." option somewhat useless.

EDIT:
I just discovered this only occurs when the Reflect GUI window sits at the bottom of the Windows desktop.  So, instead of the location of the popup window adjusting to a higher point on the desktop due to there not being enough room at the bottom of the Windows desktop the bottom option in the popup menu  (Image Guardian) is immediately selected and the popup window closes.

OPs can help other forum searchers by highlighting (✔) an answer that resolves the issue.

Edited 2 November 2018 9:14 AM by Gork
Nick
Nick
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)Macrium Representative (2.9K reputation)
Group: Administrators
Gork - 2 November 2018 9:07 AM
I open Reflect in a non full screen size GUI window.  Only 2 of my 5 drives show up in the window of the "Create a backup" tab.  When I click on "Actions..." sometimes the resulting pop-up window flashes on the screen then disappears immediately.  When this occurs, the Image Guardian option is toggled, as if I actually clicked on that option in the popup window.  If I maximize the application window all my drives show up on the screen and this problem is not exhibited.  This seems to be related to how close the "Actions..." option is to the bottom of the Reflect GUI window.  If it is too close to the bottom of the window this issue occurs, making it impossible to select any option in the "Actions..." list and inadvertently toggling the Image Guardian option.  Again, the workaround seems to be ensuring that the "Actions..." option is not too close to the bottom of the main Reflect GUI window.  Of course, this may not be possible for some folks with many drives in the list - rendering the "Actions..." option somewhat useless.

EDIT:
I just discovered this only occurs when the Reflect GUI window sits at the bottom of the Windows desktop.  So, instead of the location of the popup window adjusting to a higher point on the desktop due to there not being enough room at the bottom of the Windows desktop the bottom option in the popup menu  (Image Guardian) is immediately selected and the popup window closes.

Thanks for the heads up Gork. We'll take look.

Kind Regards

Nick - Macrium Support

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...