How to permanently delete old corrupted MR folders...?

Author
scottls59901
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Win7 32-bit/SSD.
My old OS became corrupted, and I was unable to uninstall MR 7.1.
I finally got MR re-installed on new system, and created a new backup folder on my slave drive.

I want to permanently delete my old 7.1 folder, with several corrupted image backups?
My Recycle Bins are set to delete immediately, with no confirmation.

I was thinking that I could Show Hidden folders, and Shift/Delete, or?
If I  do it this way, do I leave Show Hidden, until After a reboot?

Win7 32bit
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
You don't need to do anything with options around hidden files/folders.  Reflect doesn't store any hidden files in its backup destination folders.  If you have Image Guardian enabled, you'll need to temporarily disable that (Other Tasks > Macrium Image Guardian Settings), but after that you can delete that folder like you'd delete anything else.  If you already bypass the Recycle Bin by default, then there's no point in using Shift+Delete.

Edited 30 October 2018 12:42 AM by jphughan
scottls59901
scottls59901
New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)New Member (13 reputation)
jphughan - 30 October 2018 12:42 AM
You don't need to do anything with options around hidden files/folders.  Reflect doesn't store any hidden files in its backup destination folders.  If you have Image Guardian enabled, you'll need to temporarily disable that (Other Tasks > Macrium Image Guardian Settings), but after that you can delete that folder like you'd delete anything else.  If you already bypass the Recycle Bin by default, then there's no point in using Shift+Delete.

1. After temp disabling Image Guardian, do I need to reboot first for the setting to take effect?

2. After deleting the old folders, do I need to reboot first- before re-enabling IG?

Win7 32bit
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.6K reputation)
No to both.  Image Guardian can be disabled and re-enabled at will.  The only times you need to reboot are if you install, remove, or update the Image Guardian component itself.

Edited 30 October 2018 4:31 AM by jphughan
scottls59901
scottls59901
scottls59901 - 30 October 2018 2:50 AM
jphughan - 30 October 2018 12:42 AM

1. After temp disabling Image Guardian, do I need to reboot first for the setting to take effect?

2. After deleting the old folders, do I need to reboot first- before re-enabling IG?

I went to disable, and got a pop-up saying my license key is expired or invalid (Correct key was in box?)- I submitted a ticket, but saw later that my 1yr free Home support has expired!?
I got an email saying they would answer in 72 hrs., but wonder if they will?
Do I have any other options (all I can do in the Service Portal is manage my tickets)?

Win7 32bit
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
That's an odd place to be prompted for a license key....  Well in that case, try going to Help > Remove License.  That will cause Reflect to close, and then when you launch it again you'll be prompted to provide your license key again.  Maybe deactivating and reactivating will clear out whatever the issue is.  The 1-year Home support expiring definitely doesn't invalidate your license.

Edited 2 November 2018 3:40 AM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...