Repository listing files that were removed with -1 byte size.


Author
Message
Obl918
Obl918
New Member
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 12, Visits: 22
I ran into an issue with backups failing to start from Site Manager after cloning a partition on a client machine. In my haste to get a new backup running, I moved all of the clients backup set files out of their repository folder to force it to start fresh. This got my backups running again, but now the repository is listing phantom files that no longer exist with a file size of -1 bytes. I removed the files (they are gone now that I have a new working backup running).

I cannot figure out a way to force the repository to validate its information about what files it thinks it has. Deleting the -1B files from the cmc doesn't work.


Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Posts: 79, Visits: 411
Obl918 - 17 October 2018 3:04 PM
I ran into an issue with backups failing to start from Site Manager after cloning a partition on a client machine. In my haste to get a new backup running, I moved all of the clients backup set files out of their repository folder to force it to start fresh. This got my backups running again, but now the repository is listing phantom files that no longer exist with a file size of -1 bytes. I removed the files (they are gone now that I have a new working backup running).

I cannot figure out a way to force the repository to validate its information about what files it thinks it has. Deleting the -1B files from the cmc doesn't work.


Hi,

This issue should fix itself after the next backup from that computer, or when the Site Manager server rescans that repository (which it does every half hour). You may need to refresh the browser to see the changes though. 

If that doesn't work, you can try going into the repository browser (the browse button in the repository page) and using the 'Refresh' button.
If that doesn't work, restarting the Remote Management service might work. But if it gets to that stage, it's a bug and should be reported to our support team!

Regards,
Alex Stevenson
Macrium Software

Obl918
Obl918
New Member
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 12, Visits: 22
I've forced another backup, rebooted the server that Site Manager runs from, tried to delete the non-existent file, and refreshed. Nothing removes the phantom file from the repository listing.

I do have a support ticket in, but is there really no way to force the repository to validate itself? A command line option or something? 
Obl918
Obl918
New Member
New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)New Member (15 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 12, Visits: 22
Stopping the Remote Management Service, then deleting c:\programdata\macrium\sitemanager\RepositoryInfo.db* (and .db-shm, .db-wal) finally did the trick.
cwagz
cwagz
New Member
New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Posts: 5, Visits: 17
Obl918 - 17 October 2018 4:11 PM
Stopping the Remote Management Service, then deleting c:\programdata\macrium\sitemanager\RepositoryInfo.db* (and .db-shm, .db-wal) finally did the trick.


This worked for me as well.
Thanks!

Alex
Alex
Macrium Representative
Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)Macrium Representative (127 reputation)
Group: Moderators
Posts: 79, Visits: 411
Hi All,

We've found a bug where deleting entire folders in the repository is not being picked up by the code which scans the repository for changes - as a workaround, either deleting the database or deleting the files, leaving the folder intact and doing a rescan of the repository in the repository browser should work.
A fix will be in the next Site Manager release

Alex Stevenson,
Macrium Software
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...



Merge into merge target...



Merge into a specific topic ID...




Similar Topics

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Messages
Mentions
Search