Is Support Forum Search Broken?

Author
HarryH3
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Just wondering if the underlying database is having issues, or is not getting indexed.  Anytime I run a search, it takes 30+ seconds of watching the spinning arrow before results are displayed.  Sad
To make it even more annoying, when I click on a result, read a thread, and then go back to the previous page, I have to once again wait while the search query runs again before I can view the list again.  Ugh! Why doesn't it just show the list it already compiled?

Meanwhile, after a search, this is displayed at the bottom of the page: "Execution: 0.000. 1 query. Compression Enabled"  Is the software embarrassed to report long query times?  Wink
Broken search makes it difficult to quickly find answers.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.3K reputation)
I almost always find that using Google with the "site" constraint delivers superior search results to most sites' own search functions.  If you're not familiar with it, you can type into Google "my search terms site:forum.macrium.com" and you'll only see results that match that query that exist on the Macrium forum.  It's one of my favorite pieces of Google-fu because it's extremely handy for situations such as finding something you remember reading on a particular site before, or getting something that you know will be on a particular site (e.g. "some random driver site:themanufacturer.com"), or cases where you simply expect the most relevant results for your purposes will come from a particular site.

Edited 29 September 2018 6:20 AM by jphughan
HarryH3
HarryH3
New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)New Member (8 reputation)
Thanks, that's typically my fallback, as it seems that more and more sites have search functions that are nearly worthless these days.  Sad  But just entering something in the search box is much easier, if it works...  I posted because I was wondering if the Macrium staff even realize how borked the search function is on this site.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...