skipped backup

Author
Frank Esposito
Talented Member
Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello --- I have set up a daily backup to run on my laptop at 10a each day ---   usually don't  turn my laptop on  until after 10a  and  setup has the backup to  run  after the computer starts up

So if I don't turn on my computer on  Tuesday,   but on  Wednesday after 10a, it skips the Tuesday backup and just does Wednesday --- but if
I were to turn the computer on   before 10a on Wednesday,   would reflect do the Tuesday backup and the Wednesday backup too?   Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.5K reputation)
I don't think Reflect will allow multiple iterations of the same scheduled task to stack up, i.e. it will run at most one iteration of a missed task.  And if you think about it, that kind of makes sense.  If you had your PC off for a week while you were on vacation, there would be no point running 7 iterations of the same backup job back to back, since they'd all end up capturing essentially the same data if they were executed one immediately after the other.  I haven't tested this, but I suspect that if your PC had been on by Wednesday at 9:59 AM, the missed Tuesday job would have run (since only one missed job would have accumulated by that point) and then the normal Wednesday at 10AM job would have run shortly thereafter -- although granted, that particular scenario of running a missed iteration just before a normally scheduled operation doesn't generate a particularly useful result either.

Edited 21 September 2018 3:26 AM by jphughan
Frank Esposito
Frank Esposito
Talented Member
Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)Talented Member (158 reputation)
jphughan - 21 September 2018 3:25 AM
I don't think Reflect will allow multiple iterations of the same scheduled task to stack up, i.e. it will run at most one iteration of a missed task.  And if you think about it, that kind of makes sense.  If you had your PC off for a week while you were on vacation, there would be no point running 7 iterations of the same backup job back to back, since they'd all end up capturing essentially the same data if they were executed one immediately after the other.  I haven't tested this, but I suspect that if your PC had been on by Wednesday at 9:59 AM, the missed Tuesday job would have run (since only one missed job would have accumulated by that point) and then the normal Wednesday at 10AM job would have run shortly thereafter -- although granted, that particular scenario of running a missed iteration just before a normally scheduled operation doesn't generate a particularly useful result either.
Thanks for the reply
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...