Scheduled Backup Won't Login to a Workgroup NAS from a Laptop connected to a domain

Author
Squirrelly
New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)New Member (23 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
My work laptop is attached to a domain and my NAS does not show up in the browser.    My NAS is part of my local workgroup.  When I set the script up, macrium asks for my login credentials for the NAS share which I type in it saves.  

When the script runs as a scheduled backup either via a scheduled event or manually via the Scheduled Backup Tab, it fails and says it can't login to 192.168.xxx.xxx and the backup fails.

When I run the script from the Backup Definition Files Tab, by right clicking and running it, it works.

What is going on?  This has been working as a scheduled backup but now only works if I manually kick it off under the Backup DefinitionsTab

Edited 17 September 2018 2:45 AM by Squirrelly
jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (6.9K reputation)
It sounds like you mean definition file when you say script, which I only point out because Reflect can also be called via a true script and that has its own set of considerations, so the distinction sometimes matters. But when you run a definition file from the Backup Definition Files tab, the job runs in the context of the logged-on user, which means it has access to any authenticated connections that are open in that user session — so if you’ve mapped your NAS as a drive letter or even accessed it via UNC path in your Windows session, Reflect can piggyback on that. By comparison, when you run the job as a scheduled task, even one that’s triggered manually, the job runs in a separate context and does not have access to those authenticated connections.

In terms of a fix, go to Edit Defaults > Network and make sure you have an entry there for the NAS. Make sure the path to the NAS share there matches the path specified in your definition file, so if you use name vs. IP in one location, be consistent in the other location. Since you’re on a domain PC trying to authenticate to a workgroup environment, you MIGHT have to do something about how you prefix the username, such as using “.\user” or “NASName\user”, but I’m not sure that’s necessary, so try entering just the regular username first.
Edited 17 September 2018 3:45 AM by jphughan
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)Master (1.7K reputation)
Menu: "Other tasks/Edit defaults"

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Login

Explore
Search