Unscheduled full imaging backup?

Author
YKhan
Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
So I got my boot drive scheduled to do a full backup only on the first Sunday of the month at midnight exactly. I also have it scheduled to do incremental backups for the rest of the month, on weekdays only (Mon - Fri). So what I've noticed for a number of months now is that after doing the scheduled full backup on the first Sunday, it does another full backup on the following Monday again! It should only do incrementals from Monday through Friday. This only happens following the Sunday Full backup. Every other Monday, it's a normal incremental backup.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
Check the log of a Monday job that became a Full. Does the Backup Type just say “Full” or does it say something like “Full — Incremental specified but [some reason it couldn’t be an Incremental]”? If there’s nothing there, check Windows Task Scheduler directly and see if you have a rogue scheduled task that says to perform a Full on the first Monday of each month. All scheduled tasks begin with “Macrium”, so they should be easy to spot. If you have a task like that, it would override the Incremental task if both are scheduled at the same time.
YKhan
YKhan
Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)Junior Member (99 reputation)
jphughan - 7 September 2018 5:05 AM
Check the log of a Monday job that became a Full. Does the Backup Type just say “Full” or does it say something like “Full — Incremental specified but [some reason it couldn’t be an Incremental]”? If there’s nothing there, check Windows Task Scheduler directly and see if you have a rogue scheduled task that says to perform a Full on the first Monday of each month. All scheduled tasks begin with “Macrium”, so they should be easy to spot. If you have a task like that, it would override the Incremental task if both are scheduled at the same time.

Thanks, I checked the logs, there's no "Full but Incremental" type of message in either the Sunday or Monday backups. They were both full-on "Fulls".
I checked the scheduled tasks for Macrium, and again nothing seems out of the ordinary. There is only one task that runs on the first Sunday of each month, and there is only one task that runs only the weekdays of the month. They both seem as they should be.

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5.8K reputation)
Ok, that doesn’t leave any immediate ideas on my end. I’ll post if I think of anything, otherwise hopefully another user or Macrium themselves can assist here. If you don’t hear from anyone, you may want to submit a support ticket at helpdesk.macrium.com. Good luck!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...