Macrium Reflect v7.2

Author
Keith Weisshar
Proficient Member
Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)Proficient Member (280 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Why is Macrium Reflect v7.2 delayed?
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)
I'm sure it's due to the finalization of the new MEDIA BUILDER (...and if we're real lucky, we may even see the 1-1/2 year old announced feature called "Continuous Incrementals" w00t... then again, maybe not Crying ).
Edited 23 August 2018 4:11 PM by Froggie
dbminter
dbminter
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)
Oh, I'd not heard about these Continuous Incrementals.  What exactly is this feature?  Thanks!

I anxiously await 7.2 for the new Media Builder.  I have to use the replacing the files on the flash drive method to get my Rescue Media to boot in "proper" resolution and to recognize my SSD.  WinPE 5 has proper resolution but doesn't recognize my SSD.  WinPE 10 recognizes my SSD but does not have proper resolution.
Froggie
Froggie
Master
Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)Master (1.5K reputation)
DB, it was a promised feature with the initial release of v7 (within a few weeks) but it never happened and we've never heard anything "ofishul" frpm Macrium since.
dbminter
dbminter
Advanced Member
Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)Advanced Member (596 reputation)
So, it's just a placeholder as of now?  Something with a name but no useful information as to what it is?

jphughan
jphughan
Macrium Evangelist
Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)Macrium Evangelist (5K reputation)
dbminter - 25 August 2018 8:24 PM
So, it's just a placeholder as of now?  Something with a name but no useful information as to what it is?

It was also called "intra-daily Incrementals", basically for people who wanted to perform Incrementals more than once per day.  Right now that's technically achievable by creating lots of schedule entries for Incremental jobs at various times of day, but that's a bit cumbersome to manage, especially if you want them very frequently or ever need to change anything later. The idea was that Reflect would be extended to allow a single scheduling option like, "Perform an Incremental every hour".

Edited 25 August 2018 8:57 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...