File / Folder Variables?

Author
Lars
New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)New Member (30 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there a DATE equalivent for {ImageID} so I can specify a date in my folder path such as "E:\Backup\{Date}" --> "E:\Bakcup\2018-07-09"?

Thanks

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
No, but unless you plan to run Full backups exclusively, that wouldn't be a great idea, because all backups in a given set reuse the name of the parent Full backup, changing only the XX-XX numbers at the end, so that date would only be valid for your Full backup, and wrong for any Diff/Inc backups you appended to it that you captured on a different day.  However, since Reflect can generate a PowerShell script that can be used to execute backups, I recently wrote a script snippet that could be added into the stock Reflect-generated script to handle dynamically modifying the name of the backup immediately before the backup was executed.  It was for a different purpose than this, but if this is something you want, I could adapt that for your purposes.

Edited 9 July 2018 9:25 PM by jphughan
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
In addition to the above, if you find this useful, you can look at your backups from the Restore tab within Reflect, and the listing you find there will show a Backup Date field that displays exactly what its name suggests.  Using Reflect to view your backups is actually quite handy for other reasons as well, particularly since it's the only day to delete backups without disabling Image Guardian, and deleting backups in there will make sure you don't accidentally invalidate a child backup that you meant to keep by deleting its parent backup, or for that matter leave an orphaned backup on your disk useless taking up space after its parent was deleted.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...