Creatng new PE replacement installation

Author
Ronald Hirsch
New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)New Member (22 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just updated Version 7 to the latest version, as prompted when I started MR . The update appeared to be a new complete version.

It was suggested that I install a new PE version. My existing PE version was installed last fall.

I cannot locate the path to do this.  

What is the path to replace my existing version of PE with the latest version?

Thanks
jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I believe you get a complete version if you're more than one release behind the latest, and possibly in some other cases.  Macrium briefly released and then retracted a version between 3196 and the current 3317, so that may have prevented a typical patch-style update in this case even if you were on 3196 before.  Anyhow, the release notes just say to update your WinPE Rescue Media, not WinPE itself, the latter of which is provided by Microsoft and remains static within a given Windows release anyway.  That note appears when fixes/enhancements in a new Reflect version pertain to Rescue Media use cases.  To update your Rescue Media so that it incorporates the new Reflect version you just installed, just step through the Create Rescue Media wizard, and at the last step, after a few seconds you should see a prompt to update your files because you've updated Reflect.  If so, click that and click Next.  If not, click the Rebuild button and then click Next.  Either way, when the rebuild process completes, generate new Rescue Media to the device of your choosing, and you're good to go.

Edited 9 July 2018 4:01 PM by jphughan
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...