Can not get EMAIL setup working

Author
jp91306
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am using V7.2 Home Edition 64 bit on Win7.

I have been unable to get the email configuration to work. I always get an error message:

I  have excellent network connectivity, can send and receive email from Outlook, and from a web based server. But Reflect always produces this error if the "TEST" is run.
This problem was around in V5, may or may not have been solved.
Has it been solved in v7...can anyone help.

Thank you.

JP

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
What do you have for your SMTP server, Authentication, and Connection Type settings?

jp91306
jp91306
New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)New Member (14 reputation)
jphughan - 20 June 2018 5:56 PM
What do you have for your SMTP server, Authentication, and Connection Type settings?
This is the setup that produced the error:
We own the domain, and both addresses you see here are valid and working.
Thank you.

jp

jphughan
jphughan
Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)Most Valuable Professional (4.7K reputation)
Try setting the Authentication to AUTH PLAIN or AUTH LOGIN.  The password will still be protected because of the SSL connection.  I've seen some mail servers not work properly when Auto Detect is used, no idea if that's something that could be improved by Reflect or something that the mail servers are doing that can't be worked around.

Edited 20 June 2018 6:30 PM by jphughan
jp91306
jp91306
jphughan - 20 June 2018 6:28 PM
Try setting the Authentication to AUTH PLAIN or AUTH LOGIN.  The password will still be protected because of the SSL connection.  I've seen some mail servers not work properly when Auto Detect is used, no idea if that's something that could be improved by Reflect or something that the mail servers are doing that can't be worked around.

Thanks, after your last message, I tried both of those version and got the same error message.
I even tried turning off the Norton Firewall, to be sure it wasn't getting involved. No change there either.

Thanks for your input.

jp
jphughan
jphughan
Sorry to hear that.  Just as a data point, do you have accounts with any other mail providers you can try to send from, just to see if this is a Reflect-wide problem or something that occurs when Reflect tries to use that specific SMTP host?  Either way, hopefully someone from Macrium is along shortly to assist.  If not, you can submit a support ticket at helpdesk.macrium.com.  Good luck!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...